Problems CPU with Waves Plugins / playback problem

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Frantiac

Problems CPU with Waves Plugins / playback problem

Post by Frantiac »

I have a similar problem with Waves GTR - the individual modules are fine but GTR Solo Tool Rack.dll and GTR Tool Rack.dll are unusable. Normally GTR runs for me at less then 10% but as soon as I open their GUI the CPU/System meters shoot up to 50% or more and then stay there until I remove the plugin from its insert slot.That's with Windows 10. With Windows 7 I had the same problem as the OP - the metres leapt up but went back down to normal when I closed the GUI. The problem is the same with both vst3 and non-vst3 versions, although I don't use vst3.

I also have Cubase Elements 10 installed and GTR works 100% perfectly there; same goes for the standalone. BTW I'm using v9.30 as recommended by Waves as the latest that's compatible with my system. I've just sent a support request with the mixcraft-log file.

While I'm here, another strange thing happens occasionally (with v8 and now with v9): I open a project and I can access everything; wind, rewind, move the cursor, open and close plugin GUIs etc. but the project won't play. To solve it I used to reboot Mixcraft but I've recently discovered that by just opening/closing the preferences box everything springs into action - weird...
Focusrite Scarlett SOLO 3rd Gen --> Intel i3-9100, 8 GB RAM --> Windows 10 Pro --> Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio
Acoustica Greg

Re: Problems CPU with Waves Plugins / playback problem

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It sounds like you might have an audio driver issue. Make sure you've got the latest audio driver from the manufacturer's web page. The next time the problem happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file. The same goes for the Waves issues - a log file showing what happens might help.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101