Mixcraft 9 and VST Plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

civilian

Mixcraft 9 and VST Plugins

Post by civilian »

Hi all, been out of the loop for several months, up to then I'd been using Mixcraft 8 32 bit. So I noticed over the weekend Mixcraft 9 had been released, so I upgraded and downloaded the 64 bit version. All seems fine except when loading the majority of my old 32 bit VST's, they crash Mixcraft 9 - I'm not fully up to speed, but I thought the 64 bit version automatically 'wrapped' the 32 bit vst's for use in Mixcraft 9??

Also, I went back to my mixcraft 8 32 bit, and now can't load any of the VST's, as I get various error messages about them not being found, but they are in exactly the same location they've always been in. So now I have 2 versions of Mixcraft, that I basically can't use, can anyone suggest anything - I'm not at my computer that has Mixcraft on it at the moment, so I can't post any log reports or screenshots.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Mixcraft 9 and VST Plugins

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Installing Mixcraft 9 shouldn't affect the plugins you were using in Mixcraft 8, and Mixcraft 9 can load 32-bit plugins. Something else must be going on. Which 32-bit plugins are you having problems with?

Get the problem to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101