Control24

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

j.lindsay

Control24

Post by j.lindsay »

Hi everyone,

I have a Digidesign Control24 that has been practically obsolete for ten years, linked to an ancient Mac running an old version of ProTools. My employer no longer supports Mac products so this system can't be updated. I'm looking to upgrade to Windows 10 computers running Mixcraft 8.

I'm trying to use the V Control software to link the Control24 to Mixcraft but not having any luck. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
J
Acoustica Greg

Re: Control24

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Wow, it connects to your PC using an Ethernet connection? It looks like it doesn't even work with Pro Tools anymore?

Mixcraft supports MIDI control surface commands and Mackie Control protocol. If that device can send MIDI to Windows, Mixcraft will pick it up.

At the most basic level, you could connect the audio out to an audio interface and record audio from it.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
j.lindsay

Post by j.lindsay »

Hi Greg,

Yeah, it connects via Ethernet cable. The new V Control software is designed to allow old Control24s to work with programmes such as Cubase, Reaper and Logic.

I’ve tried following the instructions included with V Control for other DAWs and can only get so far. Mixcraft allows me to choose Mackie Control as a Control Surface but this is as far as I can get. The Control24 doesn’t show up as an input device at all in the arrange window.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Get the makers of V-Control to have it support other DAWs, like Mixcraft?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
j.lindsay

Post by j.lindsay »

Hi Greg,

I've contacted them but heard no reply. I spoke to another sound engineer and they think that I won't be able to use the Control24 as an input device for Mixcraft, but rather as a controller, as the Control24 goes through a DigiDesign I/O interface which is connected to the Mac via DigiLink cable. I'll investigate options to link the DigiLink cable to the Windows computer.

Thanks,
J