Voltage Modular test-patch - 32-step sequencer

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Anorax

Voltage Modular test-patch - 32-step sequencer

Post by Anorax »

Hey guys!

I know this isn't exactly the proper forum for this (I may be better off sharing this in the Cherry Audio forums), but I decided to see what I can and can't do with just the modules that come with Voltage Modular Ignite that is bundled with Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio.

So after two days of being up until 4 AM (well, three days), I finally figured out how on earth to create a 32-step sequencer, and, well it involves a LOT more than just four 8-step sequencer modules.

If you have VM Ignite (which means if you have Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio), download this preset and give it a look-see, why don't you? (The preset is in a .zip because you can't just upload the voltage modular preset directly to the forums, I see :roll: ) My only tip that I'm putting here in the forums (instead of in the preset) is that you ought to try starting and stopping the sequencer by starting and stopping Mixcraft playback - the start and stop buttons inside of Voltage Modular are finicky at best with this sequencer.

And yes, I did my best to include explainer notes in the preset itself, because it's a bit of a doozy. I would add a screenshot, but the forum is giving me a "file too large" error when trying to upload a 1.23 MB .png file.
Attachments
32-Step Sequencer Example.zip
(11.59 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
jlouvar

Re: Voltage Modular test-patch - 32-step sequencer

Post by jlouvar »

Tip: You can resize the screenshot with Photos. :wink:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

That is a brilliant sequencer setup Anorax, well done. I've used it to create a variety of different control effects that never would have occurred to me (though it is mind-bogglingly complicated). Thanks :D
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
ADM

Post by ADM »

Wow! Well done... that is way complex but sounds great - Thank you for posting it :D