How to get my audio interface to work in mix craft?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Musicalmistress

Re: How to get my audio interface to work in mix craft?

Post by Musicalmistress »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:45 pm
Musicalmistress wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm Hi all,

Have tried all the above suggestions but still no luck... Have we exhausted all of our options yet?

Thanks for your patience!
Hi,

I suggested that you check that apps had permission to use the microphone. Did you do that?

I also suggested how you could check and see if sound is coming into your computer. Did you do that? If so, do you see the level indicator moving when you look at your Windows recording device in the Sound Control Panel?

Greg
Yes, I did all of those things but no sound was being picked up.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

When you say that no sound was being picked up, what do you mean? Do you mean you looked at the recording device in the Windows Sound Control Panel, and the level meter wasn't moving? Try it again, and make sure Mixcraft isn't running. Play something while looking at that level meter and see if it moves.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
outteh

Post by outteh »

Try this link, talks about an alternative driver for the unit. Also, you could look for the old win 7 driver and try it out. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... XmDhQ
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Musicalmistress wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:39 pm Have we exhausted all of our options yet?
Not yet.
Also on your interface I “think” your guitar should be plugged into the instrument Input (#2), so you should select the Right Channel (Input 2) instead of the Left (Input 1) for your interface input.
When you say that no sound was being picked up, what do you mean? Do you mean you looked at the recording device in the Windows Sound Control Panel, and the level meter wasn't moving? Try it again, and make sure Mixcraft isn't running. Play something while looking at that level meter and see if it moves.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Musicalmistress

Yeah, I went into the Sound Control Panel and watched the volume meter on the recording device while I played the guitar and there was no movement (I tried it in both the Left and Right Input channels of the recording device and with phantom power on and off). Still nothing. Closed Mixcraft also.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

So, the problem doesn't have anything to do with Mixcraft. Another question would be: is your guitar sending any sound to the audio interface? Is there a volume control anywhere in the audio chain?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Musicalmistress

Well there aren't any volume controls on the audio interface, only the guitar, and the volume is turned up on that. And the computer also.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Musicalmistress wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:23 pm Well there aren't any volume controls on the audio interface, only the guitar, and the volume is turned up on that. And the computer also.
Maybe a bad guitar cable? If you plug the guitar into a guitar amp do you hear sound?

EDIT: If you hear sound with the guitar plugged into a guitar amp okay... Check the USB cable between the audio interface and PC. If the USB cable is okay, then the problem is most likely a faulty audio interface.
- Joe -

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

We want to help you, so please keep us updated.
- Joe -

Milton

Post by Milton »

Hi
I have been using Mixcraft for a couple of years. (great product) and just bought the U-phoria umc22 (not such a great product)
I realise this post is a bit old but the problem is probably the same. I tried setting up on Windows 10 and spent a couple of hours without any luck to make this thing work. Then I found this post and thanks to you all and especially Acoustica Greg I was able to sort it out for Windows 10
The only problem I have now is some background buzzing which I am still working on.
So if you are using Windows ten follow these steps
Go to Control Panel/Sound/Recording/Microphone/Configuration/Setup Mic/..down the bottom you will see "other setup" and that is theanswer.
It's a bit of fiddling around and then you should be ok.
It follows that you have already set up Mixecraft in the Sound Device section and can see USB Audio CODEC as your Default Recording Device (input). Just set up Mixcraft as the other guys have explained.If I find a solution to the background noise I will let you know.
Good Luck
Milton
LeeUK

Post by LeeUK »

I also use the UMC22.
For the first few months I didn't bother with ASIO I just used the Wave RT. It worked fine.
Latency down to 3 ms.
One issue I did have was when recording an audio track I couldn't hear the playback until I clicked on 'record' and then it was OK.

I thought I'd try the ASIO4ALL Driver and I also had problems configuring everything.
I managed to get it sorted after an hour or so of pratting about.
Latency is slightly higher (defaults to 11.3ms) but I turn buffer size down and reduce it to around 5.6ms
I know the difference is miniscule but I swear I can hear the difference 😀

Seems to work ok but I'll probably upgrade to a better model at some point.
Tambay

Post by Tambay »

I also have this audio interface and have been left defeated and frustrated by it. Can anyone recommend an audio interface that will just work. And money is important, so the cheaper the better, although I realise that trying to save money left me with this useless one in the first place. :(

Thanks in advance!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Tambay wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:05 pm I also have this audio interface and have been left defeated and frustrated by it. Can anyone recommend an audio interface that will just work. And money is important, so the cheaper the better, although I realise that trying to save money left me with this useless one in the first place. :(

Thanks in advance!
The Behringers starting with the BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC202HD should work well for you. The higher models also use Behringer's own driver, which is solid. Prices have gone up with the plandemic, but the UMC204HD is only $99 at Amazon.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface