Mixcraft work with Izotope Nectar 3?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MikeMello

Mixcraft work with Izotope Nectar 3?

Post by MikeMello »

Does Mixcraft 8 or 9 work with Izotope Nectar 3? I currently have Mixcraft 7 Pro and am using Nectar 2, but I have upgraded to Nectar 3 and cannot get Mixcraft 7 to recognize it. Any help thanks!
Anorax

Re: Mixcraft work with Izotope Nectar 3?

Post by Anorax »

Are you able to have Nectar 2 and Nectar 3 installed side-by-side? While unlikely, it's possible that Nectar 2 and Nectar 3 have the same VST ID which means that Mixcraft sees them as two copies of the same VST plugin. Try uninstalling Nectar 2 first, then see if Nectar 3 shows up.

Also make sure you installed the VST2 version and not the VST3, because if I recall correctly VST3 support didn't happen until Mixcraft 8.

In either case you can always install a trial of Mixcraft 9 on your computer and see if Nectar 3 appears - you can have multiple Mixcraft versions installed on a computer at the same time without any issues.
JunX

Post by JunX »

Both VST2 and VST3 version of Nectar 3 work fine in Mixcraft 9 for me.
cubby

Post by cubby »

Yes Nectar 3 works in Prostudio 8 and Prostudio 9 for me,
Try Rescanning your Plugins,
ADM

Post by ADM »

Yes it works for me... though for some reason (probably my own fault) it installed into 'Program Files > Steinberg > VST' so make sure Mixcraft is reading the folder it's installed to... check that Steinberg one if you have it...maybe that's where it got installed to like mine...then make sure it's added in the Preferences
comedians

Post by comedians »

Both Nectar 2 and 3 work for side by side me in Mixcraft 9, although resource wise I would always choose Nectar 3