Auto Key Finder

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

xxxflossyooo

Auto Key Finder

Post by xxxflossyooo »

Hello All,

I am new to Mixcraft but something very helpful I want to suggest is to put in an option like the auto beatmatch to find the bpm, but have an auto key finder to find the key to an mp3. I could be missing this feature though. If anyone has a suggestion to how I can find the key to an mp3 that would be much appreciated!
Thanks for reading
Have a great day!
BrianL

Re: Auto Key Finder

Post by BrianL »

This VST is pretty good at key finding :https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... ngkey-mk3/

Hornet plug-ins are very good and fairly priced, but if you subscribe to their updates or check their site every couple of days between now and Christmas, there is a high probability that you can catch a 50% off sale.
Homebrew MSI Ryzen 3700x 32G RAM 4.5 Ghz, Win 10 Pro 22H2, Focusrite 2i2/3, Mixcraft Pro 10.x, Studio One 6.x, everything 64 bit only unless not supported.
ADM

Post by ADM »

BrianL wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:24 pm This VST is pretty good at key finding :https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... ngkey-mk3/

Hornet plug-ins are very good and fairly priced, but if you subscribe to their updates or check their site every couple of days between now and Christmas, there is a high probability that you can catch a 50% off sale.
Also Antares (Makers of the famous Auto-Tune) have a plugin called Auto-Key https://www.antarestech.com/product/auto-key/
Both are very good though, the Auto-Key is a bit more expensive... but, just another option :)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

xxxflossyooo wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 pm Hello All,

I am new to Mixcraft but something very helpful I want to suggest is to put in an option like the auto beatmatch to find the bpm, but have an auto key finder to find the key to an mp3. I could be missing this feature though. If anyone has a suggestion to how I can find the key to an mp3 that would be much appreciated!
Thanks for reading
Have a great day!
Hi,

The key of the sound is included in the Auto Beatmatch feature. Start a new project, then load in a sound. Mixcraft will ask if you want the project to match the key and tempo (assuming you have that option turned on in Project preferences).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
xxxflossyooo

Post by xxxflossyooo »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:49 am
xxxflossyooo wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:28 pm Hello All,

Thanks for reading
Have a great day!
Hi,

The key of the sound is included in the Auto Beatmatch feature. Start a new project, then load in a sound. Mixcraft will ask if you want the project to match the key and tempo (assuming you have that option turned on in Project preferences).

Greg

Good evening Greg! I appreciate your reply,
I do have the setting option on in my Project preferences. When I used Auto Beatmatch (MX9) I only get this option. Please see picture attached. Any suggestions and help would be super appreciated! Thank you
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.95 KiB) Viewed 4800 times
outteh

Post by outteh »

The response could mean that your current project key (c) is the key of the audio file. Try setting your project to a different key before importing the sound file. See what happens. Also, some files may not contain the embedded info to know what key it is in. :D
xxxflossyooo

Post by xxxflossyooo »

Thank you!
This explains a lot :)

Have a great night & Happy Holidays