Can we have please the old skin back? Or at least an option to change colors?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Davidoff

Can we have please the old skin back? Or at least an option to change colors?

Post by Davidoff »

Hi there. Thanks for the new Mixcraft. A big turn off for me and probably to many Users is the new skin. Why blue? And the ply button bar has no more dividers. This doesnt look like Mixcraft at all. Im used to the green and the play button bar with single buttons, divided. Now this looks so different. Mixcraft was simple and easy to use. It looks now too much for my eyes and it is not fun opening Mixcraft 9. I have to use Mixcraft 8 for my work flow because Im used to the green, grey and white. Can you please do an update with an option for the old look?

Would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Acoustica Greg

Re: Can we have please the old skin back? Or at least an option to change colors?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Go into Display preferences, select the light theme, then restart Mixcraft and see how you like that.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Davidoff

Re: Can we have please the old skin back? Or at least an option to change colors?

Post by Davidoff »

Thanks for the quick reply. The light theme is also not doing it. When you set to solo, FX and record. The blue and the this intense red color for record button. It is way too red. Not sure who came up with the colors but in my opinion its really bad to look at and distracting from focusing on the recorded wave forms or midi. When I boot Mixcraft 9 everything is in nice Mixcraft green, even the loading up booting bar is green. Then all of a sudden the blue frame. Mixcraft 8 has a blue frame but more darker and easier on the eyes.Thats Mixcraft as I know it for the last 8 years. The blue, purple colors and especially the play button bar are so not Mixcraft. When I try to hit the play button I have always to look not to end up on a other button because it has no dividers anymore. Why changing a system that works? The blues and reds in the new Mixcraft are too aggressive and distracting in my opinion. Even this forum site is using grayish, darker tones. Can you imagine this forum would use the new Mixcraft 9 theme colors? Its too intense.
If it not to much to ask for, please have a color option-old theme option for the play bar.
Thank You.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Every studio needs a Lava lamp too. 8)
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Ian Craig

Post by Ian Craig »

I agree. I find a black background is very difficult to work with and the light theme looks as soul destroying as Reaper. Surely the majority of the interface could have a Mixcraft 8 look without any difficulty. It should be an option. I've been able to persist with the black as I am mostly looking at plugin boxes anyway, but it's morbid on opening and not as easy to see. Please address this someone. Thanks
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio (build 470) recording output using MRecorder
AMD Ryzen 8 Core 3.0 GHz (40 GB Ram) & Intel i9 11th Gen 3.5 GHz (64GB Ram),
Windows 10 Professional
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & 8i6
comedians

Post by comedians »

Most of the colour scheme I can handle - until we have choice of skins but right now It's finding the transport scroll line I find most annoying, have to search to see whereabouts it is, dark grey on black does not exactly standout amongst the murkiness.
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

Love MC9 !
I do agree with the comments though, and also, just to be extra picky - the eraser is too big!
wreck

Post by wreck »

I love the new look,.but I was never a fan of the old look. \m/
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

wreck wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:16 pm I love the new look,.but I was never a fan of the old look. \m/
See, that's what I was going to say. Where are all the people who hated the look of Mixcraft 8 now? :wink:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:34 pm
See, that's what I was going to say. Where are all the people who hated the look of Mixcraft 8 now? :wink:
One man's meat is another man's poison. I don't know what things looked like pre MC8, but I never had an issue with MC8. Besides, being a hater is considered politically incorrect, whatever the h@ll that means. :) Because the new skin is such a large departure from MC8, opinions will certainly vary. But it's great to have options.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Anyway, while we're here, I should say that the next update to Mixcraft 9 will include a Mixcraft 8 skin.

When will the next update be released?

After we test the heck out of it.

Greg
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

I vote for psychedelic colors. :wink: Just joking... Since I usually record and mix with my eyes closed I'm happy with whatever colors everyone wants. 8) :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

My unsolicited thoughts......
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbp_JQ7RxqM
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Greg,

Did the team make the default MC9 skin a little bit lighter? The background doesn't seem as dark.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Davidoff

Post by Davidoff »

Thats really good news that you will have an option for the old skin. Thank you so much. Also the new mixer console looks like from a different DAW. I really enjoyed the old school look and design. Easy to look at and to work with. Not really understanding what was to complain about the look from Mixcraft 8. We all appreciate Mixcraft for its fast work flow which has a lot to do because its easy to look at and everything is easy to find. I posted 2 pictures to compare. Mixcraft 8. Just whites, grays and greens. That is great to look at and to work with.The new Mixcraft looks almost like a complete different DAW. Please keep Mixcraft Mixcraft. Thank you.
Attachments
mixcraft8a1.jpg
mixcraft8a1.jpg (865.22 KiB) Viewed 6445 times
mixcraft9a.jpg
mixcraft9a.jpg (962.33 KiB) Viewed 6445 times