Getting a new computer

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Getting a new computer

Post by BillW »

First, let me say hello again to anyone who might remember me. It's been way too long since I've been on the forum. And way too long since I've made any music. I think close to a year. Time flies with 2 jobs, some health issues for both my wife and mys3lf (nothing serious) and my daughter's wedding!

Anyway, I'm getting a new computer. Actual a refurb - need to replace my home file server (where I have my movie files) since it won't run win10 and win 7 support ends in January

The i5 I'm getting is stronger than the computer I use for mixcraft, so I figure I'd use it and move my current computer to file server duty

The last time I switched computers I had problems recovering projects

So what's the right way of doing this? I see an option of saving the files in a zip file. Is that all there is too it?

Then when I unzip to a project folder it will just work? Sounds too easy.

Thanks in advance!

Bill
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
TrevsAudio

Re: Getting a new computer

Post by TrevsAudio »

Hey welcome back Bill! :D
Not the greatest technophobe around, but when my comp finally died, I just robbed the hard drive, popped it into an external usb caddy and hooked it to the new comp. No probs!
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Yes, if you load up a project into Mixcraft, and select "Copy Project Files to..." from the File menu, it will find all the files you need for that project and allow you to put them into one folder or zip file.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
TrevsAudio

Post by TrevsAudio »

irfankhan123 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 am I am thinking to get a new computer, But there is my wedding coming after a week. So, I'm also thinking to buy a Wedding Car. Please give me advice on what to do?
Yes - stop spamming and get a ruddy life - Fool!
Old Dudes Rock!
Trevor
OFC™ Founding Member
Dell 3050 SSF i3, 32gig RAM; MX 8, 9 and 10.5 Pro; Win 11 Pro
Focusrite 2i2; Sennheiser HD650 cans

Sample Projects: https://soundcloud.com/trevs_audio
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@trevsaudio
outteh

Post by outteh »

Bill, how are you partner? Glad to see you back. I’ve moved around on several computers and found the easiest was to take the old computer hard drive and connect it to the new computer via usb cradle. Then I can access all the Mixcraft projects as they originally were created and decide which ones I wanted to move to the new computer drive. You can use the
Copy Project Files to put the project into the new computer drive. Gives you plenty of time to move files around, don’t have to do it all at once. :D
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

trevlyns wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:49 am
irfankhan123 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:25 am I am thinking to get a new computer, But there is my wedding coming after a week. So, I'm also thinking to buy a Wedding Car. Please give me advice on what to do?
Yes - stop spamming and get a ruddy life - Fool!
Not many in the market for a Wedding Car on these forums, I reckon.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101