Mixcraft 9.0, Build 442

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Re: Mixcraft 9.0, Build 442

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Ok, after selecting mc9.exe and adding it the help file opened as usual, and yes I have my PDF reader set to Adobe PDF reader. Hopefully this will fix update issue for me. Like I said, not a huge deal, just kind of weird. All of my library sounds worked throughout so that's kind of perplexing too.

Thanks for your help as always Greg and all!

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The library sounds would only be a problem if they hadn't already been downloaded to your computer.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

When I tried before, I was able to see the help and download new sounds from the library, so I don't think the connection was blocked. I also tried with removing the firewall, and no changes.
So I downloaded from my accoiunt and reinstalled.
Hope this will work for next updates.
Merry Christmas folks!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

skarabee wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:21 pm When I tried before, I was able to see the help and download new sounds from the library, so I don't think the connection was blocked. I also tried with removing the firewall, and no changes.
So I downloaded from my accoiunt and reinstalled.
Hope this will work for next updates.
Merry Christmas folks!
Hi,

It's working for most people, so it's just a matter of figuring out what's different on your computer. If it's not Windows Firewall, it could be some other security software.

Greg
Acoustica Joe
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Joe »

herodotas wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:35 pm Thanks for update and MX8 theme. But I find some small issues with this new (old) theme: microfade buttons are missing and file name and time signature are poorly visible in sound properties window.
We've fixed this problem and the solo/mute issue. We won't release a new build for now but here is a new skin file. Unzip this and place the mixskinv8.ini into your Mixcraft folder. It should replace over another file. (=
mixskinV8.zip
(19.02 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
sjoens

Post by sjoens »

Looks like about 3 lines were removed. 8)
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Legion laptop, Windows 11 64 bit, Mackie Onyx12 mixer/interface.
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Guess I'll just have to wait for MC8 Light theme in 9. :D
Attachments
MixCraft 8 Light.JPG
MixCraft 8 Light.JPG (43.27 KiB) Viewed 4584 times
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

ron-e-g wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:15 pm Guess I'll just have to wait for MC8 Light theme in 9. :D
Hi,

You don't like the Mixcraft 9 light theme?

Greg
ron-e-g

Post by ron-e-g »

Hello Greg. It is not that I don't like the 9 light theme so much as I don't care for the 9 theme. Coming from the era of analog recording, I prefer the interface to look as much like the real thing as possible. I'm old school..well old for sure! :D To me the new 9 theme seems to be a step back. I prefer the more realistic looking buttons of 8 with the easier to see segments in the track field/ grid of the light version. I still think the new additions in 9 are great. Like the detachable transport bar, and the new graph..not sure what exactly it is called. After the volume slider, and before the FX button.

I know..these are only visual things.

I agree with what some had said " the looks in recording are not what's important" but it is something..to my way of thinking anyway. Just one mans opinion..I still think MC is the best DAW out there today, in it's price range. The almost Hometown like friendly staff, and users are next to none!

I hope this has made my Feelings a little clearer. Why I prefer the 8 light theme in 9. Now, maybe sometime...... :D
Attachments
realistic.JPG
realistic.JPG (71 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
realistic 2.JPG
realistic 2.JPG (23.98 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
"The Older I Get The Better I Was!"
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

I am puzzled, where to I get the update ? My mixcraft says 436 and search for updates give me no results ? A little bit frustrating that the integrated update search does not seem to work :-(. Sorry if this has been answered but I just have overflown the 4 sites of the thread and could not find the answer.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Thanks Mark,

downloading now from the linke of my ordering adress, hope thats the updated one.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

That method will always take you to the latest released version. 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

sulblk27 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:37 am Hi all, silly question..again on my part. However I just installed the update and it goes well for a new project (to change the skin) to the MX 8 look, but in a current project it stays dark. What I have done: changed skins in current project, closed project opened it same dark skin. Tried the light skin in current project...same results stays at default dark skin. However when I opened a new MX9, the skin has changed. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

It turns out that this was a bug that existed even in Mixcraft 8. It goes like this: if you double-click to open a project, it opens the default visual theme. If you open a project from Mixcraft's File menu, you'll get the theme selected in Display preferences.

This is fixed in future build 445.

Greg
sulblk27

Post by sulblk27 »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:43 am
sulblk27 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:37 am Hi all, silly question..again on my part. However I just installed the update and it goes well for a new project (to change the skin) to the MX 8 look, but in a current project it stays dark. What I have done: changed skins in current project, closed project opened it same dark skin. Tried the light skin in current project...same results stays at default dark skin. However when I opened a new MX9, the skin has changed. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

It turns out that this was a bug that existed even in Mixcraft 8. It goes like this: if you double-click to open a project, it opens the default visual theme. If you open a project from Mixcraft's File menu, you'll get the theme selected in Display preferences.

This is fixed in future build 445.

Greg
Thank you so much for the reply back Greg. Happy new year to you and the whole Mixcraft crew