Modulation does not work on Acoustica instruments

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

bigaquarium

Re: Modulation does not work on Acoustica instruments

Post by bigaquarium »

Hi,

Okay, here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/user-872146912/m ... ss-zombies

Remember these things:

1. This took about 10 hours to write, it is not yet complete.
2. Everything is as I played it, I did no editing, modulation, or expression of any kind except for one volume automation in the middle.
3. Every instrument is a Mixcraft instrument except the snare drum, I wanted something that sounded like military with a higher pitch. (I could probably do it in mixcraft now that there is pitch automation)
4. This was written in Mixcraft 8, before all of the advanced editing features in Mixcraft 9.
5. This is only a stereo and volume mix, with Izotope Mastering Essentials on the master track.

I think you'll find it sounds pretty good for something that has not been thoroughly composed or edited yet.

Best,
Nathan
joss

Post by joss »

Hi, bigacuarium.
My apologies, I was having dinner.
Sounds great, if everything is midi executed by you, you are a great pianist.
In 10 hours I am not able to start anything similar.
It really is very good.
I am also aware that Mixcraft orchestral instruments are the best for their price, I just asked about automation.
To me, on this topic they sound very real to me, I don't know if comparing them next to others more expensive the difference in quality would be great, maybe if different, but not much better.
Maybe I like melodic themes and titles that don't talk about zombies, but I recognize when a song has great quality.
It does not lack too much mastering, just a little instrumental expansion that maybe the "acoustic reverb pro" can give but very little.
Maybe I say nonsense, I'm not a musician and I'm very beginner.
I thought it was a very good topic of more than 5 minutes. You have to be a good musician, good composer and producer to create a theme of almost 6 minutes.
Be careful when you master it so you don't lose the freshness it has, I see it well.

Nice to hear your music.
Thanks for sharing.
Sorry for the translation, it may create some confusion.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
bigaquarium

Post by bigaquarium »

You're welcome.

That one was an exception, it doesn't happen fast like that most of the time. It was inspired by an old teacher of mine. I saw him on Facebook ranting about politics, I tried to imagine what it would be like if his political opponents took over the world. That was the result. :D

Once I'm done with the project I'm doing now, I will complete it and make a video of the process.

Hopefully that gives you an idea of what Mixcraft can do. I think you'll find that Mixcraft is best for MIDI. It's only a few dollars more than Reaper, but comes with everything you need. You can also purchase instruments at a later time to use with it.

I hope this was helpful for you.

- Nathan
joss

Post by joss »

It was very helpful to me .
Thank you.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
mick

Post by mick »

Here is a midi file of Shubert's Serenade (Stanchen) it demonstrates the Flute modulation that is built into the Acoustica Flute, no mod wheel applied. Comes with 2 tracks of Acoustica Piano although I usually use the Sonivox 88 ensemble.
Stanchen.zip
(130.28 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
joss

Post by joss »

Hi Mick
It sounds great.
This flute does not need to operate the modulation wheel ... for the trill ...
I liked it.
A million thanks to all for helping with your time.

Greetings.
joss

Post by joss »

Hi
I already own Mixcraft 9 pro.
Installed and working.
Reaper will have to wait.