closing out upon opening

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Impulseman

closing out upon opening

Post by Impulseman »

Hi and happy Holidays everyone !

I found a new problem in MX9 Pro Studio but sorry, there is no crash files for this case.

Upon clicking on the program to make it open up, it does all it's routine for loading and then, suddenly, closes down without notification or popup or anything. Then, If i click again, it opens normally again.
This happened twice since I purchased MX9. I haven't changed anything, meaning hardware, in my PC as of now except installing new VST instruments. Please note that my language is set to French in MX.
Once I've opened the program, everything loads fine and rolls like a charm. (Except for the problem I submitted on betazoid a few days ago, which I retried with or without the VST and didn't happen again so couldn't reproduce, sorry).
Thank you for all the help you provide and success to all!

Impulseman
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Anorax

Re: closing out upon opening

Post by Anorax »

If it opens then closes, it will still create a log file even if a crash file isn't created (usually the Mixcraft-Crash.txt is just a renamed copy of the Mixcraft-Log.txt file anyway). So, if you have another instance of Mixcraft closing while still trying to open, don't reopen Mixcraft yet! Go to %Appdata%/Acoustica/Mixcraft and copy the Mixcraft-Log.txt file to somewhere else on your computer (this would get rewritten as soon as you opened Mixcraft again, so make sure you grab this file before you re-open Mixcraft) so you can send it to support. They can look at the file and see what is causing your crash. (Once you've made a copy, you're free to open Mixcraft again, of course!)
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Well, sorry!
I just opened another song and there was no errors.
I checked in the folders and there was only the old crash file that I had just sent before so, since I already sent this file, I re-opened again with another file. Maybe I should have checked more thoroughly.

If it happens again, I'll be sure to double check the file before doing anything else.

Thanks for the tip Anorax!

Impulseman
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There is a problem with frozen Melodyne tracks that will be fixed in a future update which causes this symptom, but I don't know if that applies here. It could just be an uncooperative plugin.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

I noted that it happens only once in a while, when there is an update on a plugin or VSTi, alas, I cannot find which one since I did not receive any notification but about Melodyne, I'm pretty sure that something is happening. No updates but they're asking me to pay for upgrades.

If it happens again I'll try to see if it freezes on something.

Thanks Greg!

Impulseman