MC8 says Ujam Virtual Drummer2 DLL"Not a valid VST"

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lingyai

MC8 says Ujam Virtual Drummer2 DLL"Not a valid VST"

Post by lingyai »

Some puzzling behaviour. I had a VSTi, Virtual Drummer Solid v1, by the developer Ujam. Worked fine in MC8. Then I upgraded to v2. I.e. uninstalled v1, installed v2. Used all the same paths as before.

But when I try dragging and dropping the v2 DLL into MC8, i.e. the way I usually add new VSTs, I get a MC message to the effect that it "is not a valid plugin".

However, a small VST host (NanoHost, by Tone2) *does* load v2. So does Acid Pro.

Trying to figure out why this might be. Maybe it's something to do with my setup.

Therefore I'd like to ask a favour: could some of you please try with the free trial version of the instument (which, when it used to work here, was pretty darn good) and tell me if they have any problems? I'd be very grateful. You can find it here.

https://www.ujam.com/product/solid/

By the way I did look under MC's Manage Plug-Ins item in the File menu. I don't see the problem VST listed anywhere in any category.
jlouvar

Re: MC8 says Ujam Virtual Drummer2 DLL"Not a valid VST"

Post by jlouvar »

lingyai wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:11 pmBy the way I did look under MC's Manage Plug-Ins item in the File menu. I don't see the problem VST listed anywhere in any category.
That's most likely the problem... Re-Scan All VST Plug-Ins, click OK, then close and restart Mixcraft.
Attachments
101b.jpg
101b.jpg (156.69 KiB) Viewed 5071 times
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Sometimes vst have their own install protocols so it's not just a simple dll file. Try a reinstall of the program then open MC and see if it picks it up, if not try rescan.

M
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

A rescan won't do any good if Mixcraft doesn't know where to look. Make sure your VST folder is included in the "Edit VST/VSTi Folder" list first - you can always use "auto-scan for folder" if need be.
lingyai

Post by lingyai »

I've done all those things, to no avail. I know how about the need for paying attention to the folders, rescanning, etc. I've successfully installed around 100 VST fx and instruments in MC8, doing it exactly the same way which causes this failure now. I have another plugin from the developer which *does* work in MC*. The developer is very slow to respond; so far it has only replied to my ticket to say it will "look at the issue with Mixcraft" at get back to me. I am not sure it is a Mixcraft issue. In fact I have another VSTi of their which works fine in MC8. I suspect there is something wrong with this dll. MC* flatly says it "is not a valid VST".

I'd ask again if someone with MC8 -- perhaps Acoustics staff, even -- could please try installing the free trial of VD-Solid from the Ujam site, and see how it goes? That might tell us whether it is a "Mixcraft issue" or a "Ujam issue". I'd be very grateful.

I'm on Windows 10 btw.
JonInc

Post by JonInc »

Could this be the known issue listed here? (Under "Known Issues" near bottom of page):

https://support.ujam.com/hc/en-us/artic ... Drummer-V2
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The demo of Virtual Drummer Solid works fine for me in Mixcraft 8 and Mixcraft 9.

After you installed this plugin, did you move or copy some of its files to try to get it to work? If so, that could be the problem. Uninstall everything, then delete any files you moved or copied, and install it again. Make a note of where it puts its VST files, and make sure Mixcraft is looking there.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
ADM

Post by ADM »

lingyai wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:11 pm Some puzzling behaviour. I had a VSTi, Virtual Drummer Solid v1, by the developer Ujam. Worked fine in MC8. Then I upgraded to v2. I.e. uninstalled v1, installed v2. Used all the same paths as before.

But when I try dragging and dropping the v2 DLL into MC8, i.e. the way I usually add new VSTs, I get a MC message to the effect that it "is not a valid plugin".

However, a small VST host (NanoHost, by Tone2) *does* load v2. So does Acid Pro.

Trying to figure out why this might be. Maybe it's something to do with my setup.

Therefore I'd like to ask a favour: could some of you please try with the free trial version of the instument (which, when it used to work here, was pretty darn good) and tell me if they have any problems? I'd be very grateful. You can find it here.

https://www.ujam.com/product/solid/

By the way I did look under MC's Manage Plug-Ins item in the File menu. I don't see the problem VST listed anywhere in any category.
As far as I know... versions 2 of uJam plugins won't work in Mixcraft8 only v1 uJam plugins work in Mixcraft8 - something to do with the way uJam packaged their new updated Version 2 products - they do however, work great in the New Mixcraft9 - I had the same problem when I updated my uJam SOLID v1 to SOLID v2 and some of their other v2 plugins - Mixcraft8 can't read them. As soon as I upgraded to MC9 I had no issues with uJam v2 plugins. Maybe time to upgrade to Mixcraft9 when you get a chance?
Olivier57

Post by Olivier57 »

Hi,

Versions 1 works with Mixcraft 8 but not versions 2, it's a known problem.
Everything works with Mixcraft 9. I think you must update to MC 9 to use your ujam instruments V2.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Potential workaround here: I installed ujam VD-SOLID and could not find it in MC8. No error messages. Not in the MC VSTIgnore list either. Just like it was invisible to MC8. I tried it in MC9 and it worked fine. I closed MC9 and opened MC8 and VD-SOLID then was visible and works in MC8 too. So until someone fixes this, try installing the MC9 demo and running VD-SOLID. Then open MC8 and hopefully it will work for you.
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Thomas wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:10 am Potential workaround here: I installed ujam VD-SOLID and could not find it in MC8. No error messages. Not in the MC VSTIgnore list either. Just like it was invisible to MC8. I tried it in MC9 and it worked fine. I closed MC9 and opened MC8 and VD-SOLID then was visible and works in MC8 too. So until someone fixes this, try installing the MC9 demo and running VD-SOLID. Then open MC8 and hopefully it will work for you.
Hi,

Maybe you just needed to restart Mixcraft 8 first?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:18 am
Thomas wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:10 am Potential workaround here: I installed ujam VD-SOLID and could not find it in MC8. No error messages. Not in the MC VSTIgnore list either. Just like it was invisible to MC8. I tried it in MC9 and it worked fine. I closed MC9 and opened MC8 and VD-SOLID then was visible and works in MC8 too. So until someone fixes this, try installing the MC9 demo and running VD-SOLID. Then open MC8 and hopefully it will work for you.
Hi,

Maybe you just needed to restart Mixcraft 8 first?

Greg
I hear what you're saying Greg, but I installed it before I opened MC8.
EDIT: Unless...I'm losing my mind yet again. :D
-Tom
Mixcraft 10 Pro Studio 64-Bit
Windows 10 64-Bit
AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.1 GHz 10GB Ram
2TB SSD
Behringer UMC404HD v5.57.0 interface
Perdue

Post by Perdue »

After upgrading to Mixcraft 9, I upgraded to Ujam Solid 2. Solid 2 works in MC9, and also works in MC8 now.
ADM

Post by ADM »

Perdue wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:38 pm After upgrading to Mixcraft 9, I upgraded to Ujam Solid 2. Solid 2 works in MC9, and also works in MC8 now.
Very interesting... I didn't know that... I haven't really used MC8 since upgrading to MC9... but that's good to know! :wink: