Turning MX8 Projects into MX9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

DJmigoz

Turning MX8 Projects into MX9

Post by DJmigoz »

Just upgraded to 9 but whenever I try to save the projects that's I've been working on on mx8 in mx9 It won't let me. So I was wondering how do I turn my MX8 projects into MX9 projects. Thanks!
jlouvar

Re: Turning MX8 Projects into MX9

Post by jlouvar »

DJmigoz wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:07 pm Just upgraded to 9 but whenever I try to save the projects that's I've been working on on mx8 in mx9 It won't let me. So I was wondering how do I turn my MX8 projects into MX9 projects. Thanks!
Mixcraft 9 has a couple of new options in the installer - an option to install old plugins like Classic Effects, Acoustica Effects, and the Impulse VSTi, and an option to associate old Mixcraft projects with Mixcraft 9, so you can double-click them in Windows and have them automatically open in Mixcraft 9.

EDIT: Then use the little floppy disk icon on top of MX9 to save the project in MX9.
Attachments
102a.png
102a.png (52.42 KiB) Viewed 5312 times
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

DJmigoz wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:07 pm whenever I try to save the projects that's I've been working on on mx8 in mx9 It won't let me
In which way It wouldn't let you save?

I didn't mark the option to associate older projects (from jlouvar's pic), but I just open them with right click -> open with Mixcraft 9 (what I believe you did already) and then pressing 'save' (floopy icon) doesn't overwrite the .mx8, but behave like 'save as' and lets me create new .mx9 file with the same name and inside the existing project folder...
DJmigoz

Post by DJmigoz »

Thank you guys for the help! I just uninstalled MX9 and reinstalled it again and the option to associate my older project appeared! (It didn't the first time). Thanks!
DJmigoz

Post by DJmigoz »

So I ran into another problem! I can't overwrite my MX8 projects in MX9. When I'm trying to save, it acts like ''save as'' but there's no file to overwrite.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There is no option to overwrite mx8 files with mx9 data, because that would create a file that Mixcraft 8 couldn't load.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Mate, just type the same project name (or different, if you want) and save it in existing project folder.
Now you can keep both .mx8 & .mx9, or delete .mx8 and have the same result as overwriting 8)