about choosing a VSTi in MX9 Pro Studio

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Impulseman

about choosing a VSTi in MX9 Pro Studio

Post by Impulseman »

Hi,
I don't know if it's a bug or not but here it is:
I load a VSTi in a track but afterwards, if I decide to change it to compare with another in the same section, but MX9 sends me to my Favorites instead of showing me which VST instrument I have loaded before and I have to search the lists to return to where I was.
Not a bad idea about the Faves but I would prefer choosing between seeing my last Instrument or section loaded and my Favorites' section.
Unless there is a way to make that choice and I don't know where it is...

Maybe you can help me...
Thank you guys for everything you accomplished with Mixcraft!

Impulseman
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Acoustica Greg

Re: about choosing a VSTi in MX9 Pro Studio

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Does this help?

Greg

VSTi categories.
VSTi categories.
vstipluginsandpresetsmx9.png (40.23 KiB) Viewed 1411 times
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi again,

A little birdie gave me a clue about what might be happening. We've got a bug report filed on this.

If you're having the same problem that the other person was having, searching for the instrument instead of selecting a category should help you avoid this problem for now.

Greg
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Hi once more,

Thanks for the hint but I did search by instrument at first as I always do, like for example, I needed a Synth Strings so I went and clicked on Synth Strings in the lists to open that specific folder, chose Synth Strings 1, loaded it and then, after trying a few notes, I decided to try another sound so I clicked on the instrument tab on the track and the Favorites section appeared instead of the folder where I was before, showing me the sound I had previously chosen.
I must explain that it was the first sound I loaded when creating a new song, meaning I pulled a track to the number of measures I wanted (87), then did the same for the piano roll track, returned back to the track, chose an instrument, played a few notes without recording, then wanted to change the sound for another to compare, that's when it brought me back to the Favorites, like when I open a new song again.
Favorites again 30_12_2019.png
Favorites again 30_12_2019.png (46.48 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
See what I mean? It should have showed me my last folder, i.e.: the Synth Strings, instead of this. Tried with a new song again and the same thing happens.
Acer, Intel i7 870, 6GB DDR3 RAM, ATI HD 5570 WD 1.5TB HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition
Asus A11D AMD Intel core i5 4460S, 12GB DDR3 RAM, AMD Radeon R7 240, 1TB Seagate Hybrid HDD, Windows 10 Family Edition (version 1909) Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio 468
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Ok. I understand what you mean now.
By choosing directly the sound I wanted, I did not opt for the plugins. So MX must have sent me back to make a choice between Plugins and presets but since I did not choose an option, it brought me to the favorites.
A logical alternative if I already had many of them, to show me the ones I prefer when creating a song. I always forget to choose some sounds as favorites, but even so, I think one should go back to the last sound at first, and then, like it shows here, to the faves. A nice feature indeed, but I prefer going back before making my choice for adding as favorite. I'm an old buzzer you know? :lol:

Happy New Year everyone!!

Impulseman
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Somebody else had reported this, so we already had a bug filed on it.

I was having a hard time duplicating the problem, because I was simply searching for virtual instruments and picking from the list on the right.

To get the problem to happen, you have to select a category from the list on the left before you choose a virtual instrument.

Thanks for reporting this!

Greg
Impulseman

Post by Impulseman »

Yes Greg,
This is exactly what I did. I chose using the category list because I knew what sound I wanted. I would never have found it if I had done the Instruments list first I think.

Glad to be of help, friend!

Impulseman