"Forgetting" sounds using Kontakt 6 in MX9Pro?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

"Forgetting" sounds using Kontakt 6 in MX9Pro?

Post by UilleannB »

I use Kontakt 6 (newest Full version) in a current project. It happens quite often that when skipping to a certain position or muting/solo and unmuting certain tracks to listen to them isolated the program seems to "forget" to play the notes. (The track is still there, it just doesn't get played. Then the track has no sound anymore and I have to reload the whole project to hear it again.) Anyone noticed something similar? Is this a bug in Mixcraft oder Kontakt?
Acoustica Greg

Re: "Forgetting" sounds using Kontakt 6 in MX9Pro?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If the notes are long, keep in mind you do have to start at the beginning for the virtual instrument to receive the "Note On" command.

It happens even if you start playback from the start of the project?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 pmIt happens even if you start playback from the start of the project?
Yes, but only sometimes, and I didn't found out yet, what triggers it.
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Last edited by UilleannB on Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 pm Hi,

If the notes are long, keep in mind you do have to start at the beginning for the virtual instrument to receive the "Note On" command.

It happens even if you start playback from the start of the project?

Greg
It has nothing to do with the note length - I can play the whole song from the beginning, or just the single clip.
Still happens. I just set another track with the piano chords to mute, now I cannot hear the strings in another track anymore. Need to reload the project. Both are Kontak instruments.
And another time now, skipping inside the song made the instrument clip silent and not playable.
chibear

Post by chibear »

Hi, back for a quick visit lol.

What is described happened to me at different times since V6. I tried often to replicate it so I could file a bug report but was unsuccessful. For me it usually happened near the end of the project when I was flying between tracks & tweeking things. I suspect I may have violated one of the Kontakt's hidden commandments and accidentally clicked where I shouldn't in my excitement. Anyway I feel your pain.
Win 7 Pro, 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill 1600 RAM, 5 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX EWQL CCC, Kirk Hunter, Chris Hein, Omnisphere
Soundcloud YouTube