Here's A PC Tip.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mist001

Here's A PC Tip.

Post by Mist001 »

Happy new year to all. This tip might come in useful for some people and may help with Mixcraft crashing, high CPU use and so on. I'll describe what led me to this.

In MX8 and 9, whenever I played back tracks that I'd recorded, there was ALWAYS micro sound cut outs and slight audio stuttering. I was at it for months trying to resolve the problem. I had a soundblaster audio card and eventually I came to the conclusion that it must be faulty, since whatever I did software wise, the problem was still there.

So, I bought a new Asus audio card and guess what? The problem was still there!! I couldn't believe it and until last night, was almost resigned to having these micro audio cut outs and skips in Mixcraft.

Than I found myself reading about graphic card drivers on this forum last night, that led me to various sites and eventually I landed on one which mentioned a piece of Windows software called 'High Precision Event Timer' (HPET). Some people were saying that when they disabled this, it improved their frame rate. Now, I'm not into gaming and I always thought that HPET was a critical piece of software. Well, it turns out that it's not. Many years ago, it used to be called 'Multimedia Timer' and it's just been renamed and by all accounts, isn't even needed in Windows 10.

So, I went into Device Manager, found it listed under 'System Devices' and disabled it. I then restarted my PC, opened Mixcraft and VOILA!!

It worked!! No more micro skipping of audio, no more stuttering, everything's working perfectly!!

There was a setting in my BIOS for HPET, so I disabled that too but seriously, the elation I felt after discovering this fix after so many months of searching was tremendous!!

So, for people that maybe having problems with Mixcraft, give this a try and see if it helps. I suspect that it'll fix a number of issues, including crashes.

Hope this helps!!
Windows 10 64bit, Asus Prime B550 m-a, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 16Gb 3200 ram, 2 x M2 SSD.
Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio, Donner DMK-25 Midi keyboard.