Prior Clips mute when I hit record - V9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

BillW

Prior Clips mute when I hit record - V9

Post by BillW »

This seems like a strange one.

I recorded a guitar chord part on a track. Once I'm ok I want now to record at the end of that clip - same track.

I have my cursor on the start of the measure, the track is armed, I hit the record button - and all the clips on that track before where the recording will start are muted.

I can hurry and unmute them as the countdown continues - but this certainly is not what's intended.
Proud member of the Mixcraft OFC!

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
BillW

Re: Prior Clips mute when I hit record - V9

Post by BillW »

OK - maybe it's a memory issue? I had two instances of Mixcraft open and also some other applications. 8 GB memory.

Because when I went to unmute all the clip,s the screen went black, then a display error message, then that instance of Mixcraft shut down.

And my screen has a weird rectangle of ":stuff" in the middle.

Of course everything I recorded is now gone.

I'm blaming my computer, not Mixcraft. It's a refurbed i5; been working ok but maybe two instances of Mixcraft plus the other apps (including Guitar Pro 7) were too much for it.

Mixcraft 8 Pro (32bit) runs fine on a Toshiba Satellite C55-B laptop with a wimpy Celeron N2830 (dual core). Now using 64bit on a "less wimpy" Dell 660S/Dual Core Pentium/8GB RAM.
BillW

Post by BillW »

Sorry for the multiple posts. I rebooted and things are generally back to normal -

but my original post still holds. When I have a clip on the track to the left of where I now want to record, with the track armed and when I hit the record button, all the clips are get muted automatically. This happens for audio clips - not sure for virtual instrument clips.

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

BillW wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:48 pm This seems like a strange one.

I recorded a guitar chord part on a track. Once I'm ok I want now to record at the end of that clip - same track.

I have my cursor on the start of the measure, the track is armed, I hit the record button - and all the clips on that track before where the recording will start are muted.

I can hurry and unmute them as the countdown continues - but this certainly is not what's intended.
Click on the little downward arrow next to the track Arm button and change the Recording Mode from Takes to Overdub.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
BillW

Post by BillW »

Thanks - I will try that later when I'm at my home computer.

Interesting - I've been using Mixcraft since version 6 or maybe before and this never happened. A new option or a new default?

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's been there since Mixcraft 7. Check out this video: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/videos/r ... -and-lanes

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

BillW wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:39 amThanks - I will try that later when I'm at my home computer.
You're welcome. :D
- Joe -

BillW

Post by BillW »

Hmmm - it's never happened to me before, making me think the default has changed. I always saw all the clips as recorded the next segment - it never muted any of them.

Anyway, now that know, problem solved.

Thanks again!

(PS - I like MX9 very much; I'm using the "light" theme; step editor is great; I'll get around to using the new additions to the mixer eventually)

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

You probably had Overdub set as your recording mode default setting before. Anyway have fun and cheers. :D
Attachments
101a.PNG
101a.PNG (212.34 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
- Joe -