Multiple Video Tracks Allowed?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

lonestarguy

Multiple Video Tracks Allowed?

Post by lonestarguy »

Is it possible to have more than one video track in a file, at least temporarily? I can't seem to find a way to add a second one. What I want to do is copy sections/clips from one long MP4 to compile my desired video in a second track... then delete the original video track. I can highlight and copy a clip but it won't let me paste it into an Audio track, of course, but I cannot find a way, if possible, to create another Video track to paste it into. I know I can create another file, but it's going to be a pain to go back and forth from one file to another to cut and paste clips. I hope all that makes sense. If Mixcraft can't do this, can you suggest preferably a free or inexpensive app/program that does, since Movie Maker is no longer available? I know there are tons of apps out there. (funny note, Mixcraft shows as misspelled word in its own forum... hmmm.. I guess it's using standard Windows spell checker.)
Thanks in advance for your help!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Multiple Video Tracks Allowed?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Select the video track, then hit Alt+L to add a new lane in the video track. You can have more than one video at a time this way.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Greg, you should be add this to the MX9 Tips and Tricks thread: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25199 :wink:
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
lonestarguy

Post by lonestarguy »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:26 am Hi,

Select the video track, then hit Alt+L to add a new lane in the video track. You can have more than one video at a time this way.

Greg
Thanks very much!
Lone Star Guy

Post by Lone Star Guy »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:26 am Hi,

Greg
Hmm. for some reason this isn't working anymore in my Mixcraft 8! Did they take the feature away.. I just get a 'bing' when I do ALT+L...
Lone Star Guy

Post by Lone Star Guy »

OK.. well, I right clicked on the track and saw the Lanes command and then selected Add Lane. It shows Alt+L there, but it doesn't work for me, even with upper case L.
ste_p0270

Post by ste_p0270 »

Hi,

Have you considered using Davinci Resolve? Its a free program (rather large admittedly) but has all
the options you'll need. If i'm doing a tune that requires a video I simply import my WAV or MP3 into
DR and use the edit section to add / trim / remove video files.
M-Audio BX5 (pair)
Mixcraft 10.5 PS / EZDrummer3 / Sonicake Matribox 2
Ryzen 5800X / 32GB DDR4 / 1TB NVME / RX6800