Maschine Jam Support - Control Surface .ini included :)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Mattox

Maschine Jam Support - Control Surface .ini included :)

Post by Mattox »

Hey all,

So I figured out how to add support for the Maschine Jam to the Mixcraft Performance Panel.

I've attached the Maschine Jam.ini file which you will need to put into you 'C:\ProgramData\Acoustica\Mixcraft\ButtonControllers' folder.

Working

- Navigate the Performance Panel (Up, Down, Left, Right)
- Trigger Clips from the Grid
- Master Stop (TEMPO Button)

Not Working

- Grid Colours
- Set Buttons

I am still playing around with the colours and set buttons and hopefully will have a solution to that soon.

I cant guarantee this is going to work for everyone, I"e noticed if you press any of the blue buttons on the top of the Maschine Jam it changes the HEX values on the grid below (Be sure to Press [1] for this to work).

--

Devs - Can you explain to me what the numbers are in the colors section of the .ini file and maybe also the initializationData section too.
Attachments
Maschine Jam.zip
(587 Bytes) Downloaded 148 times
Acoustica Greg

Re: Maschine Jam Support - Control Surface .ini included :)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The ones you've got in there are for the Novation Launchpad, with colors from 1 to 127. 0 is off. The colors are shown in the programmer's reference manual. Does Maschine have something similar?

Greg

Edited to add:
Color chart for Launchpad Pro
Color chart for Launchpad Pro
launchpad pro colours.png (20.35 KiB) Viewed 2693 times
Source: https://resource.novationmusic.com/site ... uide_0.pdf
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I think I may have a brilliant idea!

Make a permanent thread where people can upload control surface data. I have a Korg Nanokontrol 2 that I'd sure add. I've noticed folks not being happy that MC doesn't automatically have midi learn pre done for their control surface, this is a way for them to get it

M
Mattox

Post by Mattox »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:13 pm Hi,

The ones you've got in there are for the Novation Launchpad, with colors from 1 to 127. 0 is off. The colors are shown in the programmer's reference manual. Does Maschine have something similar?

Greg

Edited to add:

launchpad pro colours.png

Source: https://resource.novationmusic.com/site ... uide_0.pdf
They have a controller editor - but I am not sure there is a public programmers reference. I wonder if you guys contacted Native Instruments they wouldn't just send you one with details.

I've gotten a bit further - support for Sets and ill keep trying to add more functionality today.

Is there a way in the ini file to set up transport controls? I've noticed in some of the other control surface files there are more options in the [buttons] section.
HawaiianEye

Post by HawaiianEye »

Please, please continue your much needed input on this thread. As a Jam user, and Mixcraft owner, I am very interested in this development.
Mixcraft has had a tiny relationship with NI for quite awhile. When I originally purchased Mixcraft 6, I received a free NI suite. I know, there was no
big collaboration between the companies, but they still had certain legal agreements between them.
So, Acoustica may be able to find out more, or push NI to give a pro JAM template through. It would certainly bolster their Mixcraft line.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

It's a struggle to support all the makes and models of hardware devices, especially if they have proprietary control surface protocols. Mixcraft works with most MIDI controllers, because it supports MIDI control and Mackie control. We don't have any special support for Maschine, but thank you for the suggestion!

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101