Freeze while initializing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Buda Bless

Freeze while initializing

Post by Buda Bless »

Hi, I am having trouble loading mixcraft on my old computer. I am wondering if it is my machine, I think the motherboard might be going out but idk.

Was curious about what anybody knew about Freeze while "Initializing.....reaxcomp-standalone"
Acoustica Greg

Re: Freeze while initializing

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Looks like it's trying to load a Reaper plugin - although the problem might not lie with that plugin; it could also be the next thing that is trying to load.

Do you have Mixcraft 9 build 442? If not, you could try installing that.

How are you opening Mixcraft? Are you opening it by double-clicking on a project? If so, have you tried opening it from its icon?

If those things don't help, quit Mixcraft and send in your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

Hello Greg,

I run Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio. Should I try and look for a build d/l for 8? I almost always double click my shortcut icon from my desktop to start Mixcraft.

Also, I am having trouble navigating to the "builds" d/l section of Mixcrafts website. If anybody could provide the link I'd appreciate it
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

B418 is the last build of Mixcraft 8. While upgrading to 9 is recommended, you may still want to try sending the Mixcraft log file to Support, in case the issue you're experiencing is something that can be fixed without upgrading to Mixcraft 9.
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

Yes they have recommended to upgrade to 9 but I just have recently upgraded to 8 pro for a better experience and can't afford to buy new software at the moment. I also don't like to d/l free trials, I just want the one I purchased to be able to work the way it was intended.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Buda Bless wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:44 pm Yes they have recommended to upgrade to 9 but I just have recently upgraded to 8 pro for a better experience and can't afford to buy new software at the moment. I also don't like to d/l free trials, I just want the one I purchased to be able to work the way it was intended.
Hi,

Did you send in a log file that shows this particular problem?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Buda Bless

Post by Buda Bless »

Thank you everyone:

I D/L the latest 32 bit built for Mixcraft 8 pro and after install I was able to open the 64 bit version with zero problems.