nanokontrol 2 Setup?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Re: nanokontrol 2 Setup?

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Just noticed that the commands for moving the caret to the next or previous marker doesn't work as it should. When either button is pressed it moves the caret to start. I've contacted support and I've tried all options in MC with the settings ie changing the up/down toggle.

I'm sure it's something minor.

M
Captain Gaffa

Post by Captain Gaffa »

Hey all,

Just wanted to follow up on this topic - I've recently purchased a KORG nanoKONTROL2, and spent the past day setting it up for Mixcraft 9 with help from various threads across this forum. I'm pretty content with the functionality, though I have to echo the above post - it would be great if the issue with the commands for moving the caret to the next and previous markers could be resolved, as I have also found they instead move the caret to the very start of the track and I can't seem to resolve this.

Another feature that would be a great help would be the ability to assign the metronome volume control to one of the nK2's pan knobs/sliders. I've similarly set the 8th fader as a Master Volume control, and the S/R buttons to switch the metronome on and off in playback and recording modes; using the knob above this 8th fader to control the metronome volume would really help my tracking workflow and possibly prevent accidentally blowing my eardrums out. Thanks!

- J.
Rolling Estonian

I let the Acoustica folks know about the carat issue, hopefully it's still on their radar. And I agree, you should be able to control the preview channel via midi controller, that should be an easy fix too.

Thanks in advance Greg! 😄

M
balarila

Post by balarila »

Just placed an order for my NK2 but, I guess, I should've asked here first. Aside from the functionalities mentioned here, I would like the NK2 to work like an aftertouch to sustained notes. I'd like, for example, to do a crescendo on one note of a violin section. Is this something I can do with MC9 through NK2.

Been so far doing it manually through that controller window below the keyboard layout.
Rolling Estonian

Most virtual instruments have assignable controls, some easier than others but yeah the NK2 will control whatever it's asked/assigned to.

M