Samson Go Mic question

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

rmp1967

Samson Go Mic question

Post by rmp1967 »

Hi
Does anyone have advice on the best way to use a Samson Go Mic with Mixcraft 7?

I use asio4all, but in order to record with the ho mic, it seems I have to switch over to wav every time?

Just getting this set up so any advice would be greatly appreciated. OS is Windows 10.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Samson Go Mic question

Post by Rolling Estonian »

It seems to be a driverless mic which I'm guessing is best used with WavRT and not asio. The mic should be in the list when you arm the track.

Ideally you'll want an external interface with which you can get mics and instruments recorded with asio.

M
Last edited by Rolling Estonian on Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rmp1967

Post by rmp1967 »

Thanks, got it working fine. Just switch to wav and monitor by plugging phones right into the mic. Sounds great.
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Well, it's usually recommended to use WaveRT instead of Wave (Wave is an old driver from Windows 98 days!), but if either works, that's good!
Rolling Estonian

Fixed it, oops.

M
rmp1967

Post by rmp1967 »

Anorax wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:59 pm Well, it's usually recommended to use WaveRT instead of Wave (Wave is an old driver from Windows 98 days!), but if either works, that's good!
Yes, actually it is Wave RT. Very please with the Go Mic. Liking the sound better than my old rig and easier to use. Can believe I can get such good sound from such an inexpensive mic.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

I keep one of those in my laptop bag for portable solutions.
Have been very impressed with the sound as well.

FWIW, being a usb mic it is its own interface. And the provided direct monitoring output is handy. Pro level gear? No. But its quite a handy tool for occasional use, and I think I got it on sale for $30?

I have set it on a table in front of a singing guitarist and recorded a perfectly usable demo track, as one example.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
rmp1967

Post by rmp1967 »

Still loving the mic, but having intermittent issues: Every time I use the usb mic, I switch my settings from asio to wave, and then have to switch it back before doing anything else with the project. A couple of times Mixcraft has frozen/crashed or when I go to record a track with the mic, the track just won't play at all. I suspect these glitches may be something to do with switching between wave and asio, but I haven't yet been able to establish a pattern to figure out what I'm getting wrong.
Rolling Estonian

I always try to have things hooked up before opening MC. MC will default to it's last settings so if you were in WAV RT, it'll open with that but plugging in while MC is open can cause issues with externals, at least mine does.

M