MC9 to MC8 export?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

MC9 to MC8 export?

Post by UilleannB »

I have been working on a track in MC 9 (newest build) which becomes increasingly impossible to work with due to the many errors that happen when I use Kontakt VST libraries. The problems don't happen in MC 8, but the project is already quite far in and I don't want to start it all over again. I don't see an option to export the file to read it in Mixcraft 8, which would be great at this point. Just copying the midi notes also seems not to work, I really just could play and record it all again.

I know the programmers will work to fix bugs in future updates and this defies the idea of a new version, but as long as this isn't the case would an option to export a song so it could be read in MC 8 (at least the simple notes/midi events) be possible? That would be very helpful.
jlouvar

Re: MC9 to MC8 export?

Post by jlouvar »

Hmm bummer, I recommend just using MX8 from now on until after the bugs are worked out in MX9. I’m still using MX8 Pro for anything important.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

UilleannB wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:34 am I have been working on a track in MC 9 (newest build) which becomes increasingly impossible to work with due to the many errors that happen when I use Kontakt VST libraries. The problems don't happen in MC 8, but the project is already quite far in and I don't want to start it all over again. I don't see an option to export the file to read it in Mixcraft 8, which would be great at this point. Just copying the midi notes also seems not to work, I really just could play and record it all again.

I know the programmers will work to fix bugs in future updates and this defies the idea of a new version, but as long as this isn't the case would an option to export a song so it could be read in MC 8 (at least the simple notes/midi events) be possible? That would be very helpful.
Hi,

There's no known problem with loading Kontakt libraries in Mixcraft 9. If there's some kind of bug, we need specifics on what's going on. Can you please use it in Mixcraft 8, then quit Mixcraft 8 and rename the log file. Then duplicate the problem in Mixcraft 9 using the very same libraries, quit Mixcraft and send us the mixcraft-log.txt file? Make sure you're comparing apples to apples, so to speak.

Edited to add: there's no option to export to Mixcraft 8 files, because Mixcraft 8 wouldn't know what to do with all the new stuff from Mixcraft 9.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
UilleannB

Post by UilleannB »

I don't know what the cause of the problems is. I just noticed that exactly the same actions with the same track cause problems in MC9 Pro Studio, but not in 8. Might have other reasons though. I send the log files.