M-Audio Axiom 49 on Mixcraft 8

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

grabsrandom

M-Audio Axiom 49 on Mixcraft 8

Post by grabsrandom »

I just picked up an Axiom 49 from a local pawnshop and was figuring out how to use it with Mixcraft 8 (I haven't upgraded to 9 yet). It's been working well so far, everything on it is functional and I've been assigning all the knobs and sliders on the program. The one thing i can't figure out how to use is the drum pads. I'm not sure how i could assign drum sounds to the drum pads on the key board and I was wondering if anybody knew how I could do this so i can tap out my beats, whether this is through a plugin or whatever. Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Re: M-Audio Axiom 49 on Mixcraft 8

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Which Axiom 49 do you have? I found the manual for one model, and it says that you can set the pads to send MIDI notes. Find the manual for your Axiom 49 to see how to do this. Then you can use it with Omni Sampler or a drum virtual instrument.

General MIDI drum map.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
grabsrandom

Post by grabsrandom »

Thanks, I guess I don't know which axiom 49 I have, I know its not the pro. I'll mess around with the omni sampler and see what I can do.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Maybe you can find a video on YouTube explaining how to know if it’s a 1st Gen, or 2nd Gen, or etc, so you know which M-Axiom 49 you have?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I'm sure there's software for the device where you can edit the pads cc#'s so you can assign the pads to get correct inputs.

M
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

grabsrandom wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:31 pm Thanks, I guess I don't know which axiom 49 I have, I know its not the pro. I'll mess around with the omni sampler and see what I can do.
Hi,

Contact M-Audio, they can help you out.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
mick

Post by mick »

I have a Nektar keyboard and with the Acoustica Studio Drums the assignment is automatic. In oher words, Mixcraft makes a guess to start with. There are 8 pads arranged in 2 rows of 4, the pic shows the drums automatically assigned and to wiich of the the 8 pads, so one way is to change the drum parts on the STEP piano roll by clicking the little arrow and changing snare to cowbell (for instance) do this with all 8 pads/drums to choice if there is no other way.
pads.PNG
pads.PNG (27.91 KiB) Viewed 13444 times