Any "bundle" file save option? (Moving projects from v.7 to v.8)

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

creativeforge

Any "bundle" file save option? (Moving projects from v.7 to v.8)

Post by creativeforge »

Hi, I'm going back to a project I started when using v.7, installed on another computer. Now that I'm using v.8 on my studio computer, I'd like to reopen these projects.

v.8 is opening the file from v.7 and searching for each track's VST. But the big challenge, however, is that I don't have the same VST libraries installed on both computers. So the file from v.7 is not going to find what it's looking for. For the most part.

QUESTION: Is there a SAVE or EXPORT feature in Mixcraft that would "bundle" the files from one computer so that instead of having just the MIDI files opening, these MIDI files would also grab an audio version of it?

Like Cakewalk does. I used to work with Cakewalk and it would bundle the audio with the file if you selected to create a bundle file.
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... ent.3.html

Thanks!
Acoustica Greg

Re: Any "bundle" file save option? (Moving projects from v.7 to v.8)

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

You need to install the same plugins on the new computer. There's no way for Mixcraft to properly find and install all the VST plugins from your old computer and install them on the new computer (unless they are plugins that come with Mixcraft, of course).

Mixcraft automatically saves any MIDI in a project inside the project. For the audio files, load the projects into Mixcraft on the old computer, then select "Copy Project Files to..." from the File menu. This option gathers up all the audio (or possibly video) files that are needed for the project and puts them into a zip file or folder.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Thank you Greg,

How about this then: is there a way to print a text file containing the details of each track? That would really speed up the process of reloading the proper VSTis and VSTs to be able to follow a list indicating the VSTs and their settings?

Or, maybe if I reinstall the VSTs, will Mixcraft go get the proper patch for each since it should be in memory (it's looking for them, so Mixcraft actually should know)?

Thanks!
aj113

Post by aj113 »

Is MC 7 still installed? If so, just add its plugin folder to MC8's plugin list.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Or, maybe if I reinstall the VSTs, will Mixcraft go get the proper patch for each since it should be in memory (it's looking for them, so Mixcraft actually should know)?
Hi,

Yes, try installing the plugins on the new computer. They should load up properly.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

aj113 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:31 am Is MC 7 still installed? If so, just add its plugin folder to MC8's plugin list.
Ah, brilliant!! Thank you, I'd have never thought about this. :)

Thanks!
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 am
Hi,

Yes, try installing the plugins on the new computer. They should load up properly.

Greg
Thanks, big job ahead, dealing with iLock too. :)

I'd like to be able to get a copy of the list, it would be nice to be able to expand the window that shows files missing (one shows there are 1023 files missing). These files are attached to folders (VST) which I could restore. But it gets tedious to scroll the bottom and side bars t get to the next folders...

Image Image Image

Andre
Anorax

Post by Anorax »

Looks like kontakt libraries to me. Looks like you need to also move over the libraries from your old computer to your new one too
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

Anorax wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:12 am Looks like kontakt libraries to me. Looks like you need to also move over the libraries from your old computer to your new one too
Yes, they are Kontakt libraries. So installing them back should fix all this. Good to know!