Crashing plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ianpb

Crashing plugins

Post by Ianpb »

I'm experiencing the crashing of three plugins when I begin to play a project, causing the sound to be killed, and when I restart it happens again. Is there a means of identifying where these problematic plugins are situated within the project?
jlouvar

Re: Crashing plugins

Post by jlouvar »

Ianpb wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:34 pm I'm experiencing the crashing of three plugins when I begin to play a project, causing the sound to be killed, and when I restart it happens again. Is there a means of identifying where these problematic plugins are situated within the project?
Out of curiosity, how do you know it’s three plug-ins?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

There's no option to just list which plugin is on which track.It could be one plugin causing others to crash, so you might concentrate on tracking down the one you added to the project right before the project started.

You can click on the File menu, select Manage Plug-Ins, and disable any of the plugins you suspect, in order to narrow it down to one culprit or possibly culprits. Restart Mixcraft after you disable the plugin(s).

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

jlouvar wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:15 pm Out of curiosity, how do you know it’s three plug-ins?
As the project plays, a box appears advising that the particular plugin (Classic Chorus) has crashed. When the 'OK' button is clicked, it advises of another one. When that 'OK' button is clicked, it advises of a third one.
Ianpb

Post by Ianpb »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:18 pm Hi,

There's no option to just list which plugin is on which track.It could be one plugin causing others to crash, so you might concentrate on tracking down the one you added to the project right before the project started.

You can click on the File menu, select Manage Plug-Ins, and disable any of the plugins you suspect, in order to narrow it down to one culprit or possibly culprits. Restart Mixcraft after you disable the plugin(s).

Greg
Thanks, Greg.

As a first step I cleared out all unselected plugins and that's resolved the issue, which was a little surprising as I'd assumed they would be effectively invisible to Mixcraft. If the issue returns, I'll follow your advice.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If a buggy plugin outputs bad data, it can make the next plugin in the effect chain crash, and so on down the line.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101