Converting Projects to Mixcraft 9

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

vizionheiry

Converting Projects to Mixcraft 9

Post by vizionheiry »

I didn't check the box to convert all my projects to Mixcraft 9 for fear that I would maybe lose something? But now I have replicate projects in various versions and I want to tidy up those folders. Is there a downside to converting to version 9? I own it so I'm not concerned about a trial running out and not having access to it (talking to you PreSonus 4.5 :evil: ).

Also, how do I convert now that it's installed? Should I do a re-installation and check the box during installation?
Kuba W

Re: Converting Projects to Mixcraft 9

Post by Kuba W »

No, you don't have to. You have to open the MX8 project with right click and 'open with' --> Mixcraft 9.
Than you have to save project as MX9 file and you can keep both 8 & 9 project files just in case or delete v8.
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

Kuba W wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:05 pm No, you don't have to. You have to open the MX8 project with right click and 'open with' --> Mixcraft 9.
Than you have to save project as MX9 file and you can keep both 8 & 9 project files just in case or delete v8.
I know I can open the project with MX9 but it's the saving it as a new one that's causing a bit of an issue because it just saves a new project 9 version inside the version 8 folder. I guess I can just delete the v8?
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

vizionheiry wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:41 pm <snip>
Also, how do I convert now that it's installed? Should I do a re-installation and check the box during installation?
Reinstalling MX9 with the MX8 boxes checked would probably be the quickest and easiest solution.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

It's saving as new project file, but not the new project folder.

I still have the new ones in v8 folders, it doesn't matter.
But if you really want to have them in new v9 project folders, you have to use File --> copy project files to --> folder, with your project open in v9.

SO: you can't delete the v8 project folder before you do the above, only a v8 project FILE!
Otherwise you may loose all your recordings for that project and therefore not open it propely anymore in any Mixcraft version.

Is that what you meant?
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

jlouvar wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:38 pm Reinstalling MX9 with the MX8 boxes checked would probably be the quickest and easiest solution.
I doesn't change much I think, as you still stay with the v8 folders, and only change double left click to single right and open with.

Or I'm wrong and it's making you all new v9 project folders for all your old projects?
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

If you open project in 9 then do 'save as', can't you select where you want it to go? Also in preferences is the default folder, couldn't you change that too?

M
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Yes.
And yes.
8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Kuba W

Post by Kuba W »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:37 am If you open project in 9 then do 'save as', can't you select where you want it to go?
You can, but what's the point?
I bet it's the worst thing to do to have project file elswhere than relevant project folder :)
'Save As' of existing project doesn't create a new project folder.
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

Thanks for your replies. I'll just continue doing a Save AS and keep both project files in the V8 folder.