Just Upgraded from Nectar 2 to version 3 and it won't load.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

LSMUSIC187

Just Upgraded from Nectar 2 to version 3 and it won't load.

Post by LSMUSIC187 »

Hello, I have been using Nectar 2 for years now so I decided to upgrade to the latest version. For some reason when I refresh the daw Nectar 3 is not showing up under my vst's. When I start Mixcraft I see nectar 3 name pop up along with the other several hundred vst's I have. When I go to select it on a track it is nowhere to be found. I have been adding vst's for years so I would say I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to downloading them. I have no idea why this VST will not load in Mixcraft. Also, I have reaper as a back up and it loads in there with no problem. Is there and issue with Nectar 3 and MIxcraft 8 pro?? Someone please help. thanks
Anorax

Re: Just Upgraded from Nectar 2 to version 3 and it won't load.

Post by Anorax »

While I'm going to take you at your word that you installed Nectar correctly, nevertheless you gotta run through the checklist:
  • Are you sure Nectar was installed into your usual VST folder?
  • Are you sure the folder Nectar was installed to is listed in the VST Folder list in Mixcraft preferences?
  • Is Nectar showing up as an "unable to load" plugin in the Manage Plugins... window in Mixcraft (File > Manage Plugins)?
I never owned Nectar 2 myself, but I recently bought the Music Production iZotope bundle, so I now have Nectar 3. It's showing up for me (both VST2 and VST3) so I don't think it's an issue of Mixcraft itself being unable to load Nectar 3.

That said, I'm running Mixcraft 9 PS build 450 (although 452 is the most recent build and I suppose I should update at some point soon), so it's possible that if you're running an older version of Mixcraft, Nectar 3 may not be compatible for whatever reason.

While it's possible that one of these three checklist items might solve your problem, it's more likely that it's a different issue. You could, however, always uninstall Nectar from the Add or Change Programs window in Windows and then re-install, just to see if that miraculously fixes it. A bit of a long shot, but then again if turning a device off and on again can sometimes fix an issue then why can't uninstall/reinstall?
LSMUSIC187

Re: Just Upgraded from Nectar 2 to version 3 and it won't load.

Post by LSMUSIC187 »

Thank you for you response. Everything that you recommended I have done and still don't see it. I purchased the vocal bundle package that includes Melodyn and Vocal Synth. I have both of those as a option but for some reason Nectar 3 is still not there. I reached out to support maybe than can assist from here. I'm not sure what is going, but thanks.