Remove Mixcraft 8?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

warhenk@yahoo.com

Remove Mixcraft 8?

Post by warhenk@yahoo.com »

Hi Greg, et. al, Hope you're well. I just upgraded to v. 9, how generous of Acoustica- only $39 from v. 8! The install went well and I'm especially excited about the new 'Convert audio to MIDI' feature. I was happy to see that 9 caught almost all of my settings from 8. One really dumb question, as 9 doesn't overwrite 8, should I uninstall 8- meaning, other than perhaps running into something in 9's UI that throws me and being able to retreat to 8, there's nothing in 8 that's not either present or improved in 9, correct? Thanks!
Best, Warren

Warren A. Keller - woodwindist/composer/producer
Spontaneous Groovin' Combustion™
www.spontaneousgroovincombustion.com
"She is all that I have left and music is her name"
Acoustica Greg

Re: Remove Mixcraft 8?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

That's right. You can just go ahead and uninstall 8 when you're ready. Some people keep the old version around for a while until they are comfortable with the upgrade, but uninstalling it won't hurt anything.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
warhenk@yahoo.com

Thanks for confirming Greg.

This may not be the right place to mention this, but I thought that the purchase and registration process was a bit clunky. Between Acoustica and Digital River, I got at least seven emails, some of which were redundant, and some that were a contradictory. First there was the retrieval email. I remember getting two different keys for Mixcraft – perhaps one was for 64-bit and the other 32? But I definitely got two different codes for MC in separate emails. Also, the description on how to activate Melodyne wasn't correct, it actually happened automatically, which was a nice surprise, rather than having to load a track to get into Melodyne and activate it from there as was described. I'll admit I should not have taken this on at 3 AM, but I did, so it was a bit of a chore for Mr. Minimalist to compare the emails and decide which were pertinent and which could be deleted. Anyway, as I mentioned previously, the install went just fine. I just thought that the emails were excessive and could've been accomplished in two or three. Thanks!
Best, Warren

jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Hello Warren
The two keys were probably, one for Mixcraft 9 and the other one for either Melodyne or Voltage Modular?

Joe
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
warhenk@yahoo.com

Actually not Joe. I tried to word my post carefully. I did get the Melodyne key and the mailing with the Voltage Modular offer, but I also got two different Mixcraft keys in nearly identical emails. Between those, the retrieval process, the Digital River receipt, there were probably eight emails before things were complete.
Best, Warren

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Look at the emails again. Was one of them for Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio?

One weakness of our current upgrade system is that it sends you all your registration emails, when it should just send you Mixcraft 8, or whatever the newest version you had would be.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
warhenk@yahoo.com

Greg, I'm fairly confident you are right, I remember seeing Mixcraft 8 mentioned during the upgrade to 9. Not sure if that was the one with the other registration code, it may have been.
Best, Warren