Tempo Sync with plugins

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Savannahrenovations

Tempo Sync with plugins

Post by Savannahrenovations »

I have, and continue to have some issues with tempo sync. on a couple plugins. This does not hurt my feelings as I either do not use them anymore, or they are not important. However, if there is a resolution, that would be cool. On to the issues:

I used to have the Roland Cloud subscription for a time. There were a few instruments that would not sync with my tempo. The 303 and 808 emulations for sure and at least one of the synths (I do not remember which one). the 303 and 808 would work at 120bpm, but any change from that and they would not change tempo to match correctly.

Most recently, I picked up WA productions Dodge Pro... basically a volume ducking tool. I only bought this because I wanted the 2 free sound packs from Applied Acoustics Systems and it was very cheap. So, I am not upset..but the tempo in this plugin does not match the Mixcraft tempo. It does speed up and slow down with the changes in Mixcraft, but never matches the tempo Mixcraft shows. The plug in does not allow me to manually set tempo.

Again, not too upset, but maybe there is someone who has run into this before and can provide a solution?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Tempo Sync with plugins

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Some plugins have a "sync to host" option that you need to engage.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Savannahrenovations

Re: Tempo Sync with plugins

Post by Savannahrenovations »

Thanks for giving it a shot Greg, but no, that is not the issue. Sync is set to host. Out of curiosity, I set the a new track at 120 BPM and as with the Roland Cloud 303 and 808...bam right in sync. I can even do 60 bpm, 240 bpm and the sync follows. Anything outside of that and it does not sync up.
As mentioned this is a cheap plug in, so it would be expected,but that Roland stuff is top of the line. I just could not see spending $20 a month for something I will never own.

Weird stuff.