Mixcraft 9 with same vocal chain but drastically lower volume output?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

isuperduper

Mixcraft 9 with same vocal chain but drastically lower volume output?

Post by isuperduper »

I’ve upgraded from 8 pro studio to 9 pro studio and I loaded the same vocal chain plugin that I’ve used forever, but right off the bat I noticed that the volume output is much lower in 9. The settings are exactly the same. Another thing I noticed was that when I tried speaking into the mic in 9 was that my volume would have this almost fade in effect here and there that was controlling my volume. I would speak constantly and it sounds like as if my mic is being controlled to be at a certain level within the software?

Keep in mind that all internal windows settings have been checked with no issues and that I just upgraded the software and nothing else changed. The only “solution” to my problem is cranking the knob on my Focusrite 2i2 to sound loud but at the same time it’ll hit red and show the indicator for clipping.

Is there a possible problem with the software that was overlooked?
jlouvar

Re: Mixcraft 9 with same vocal chain but drastically lower volume output?

Post by jlouvar »

MX9 has the option for automatic clip micro fade-in and fade-out, make that’s turned off. https://forums.acoustica.com/download/file.php?id=4312
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No, there's no issue like that in Mixcraft 9. People would have made lots of posts about it. Make sure you've got version 9.0 build 452.

Are you absolutely certain that your sound device preferences in Mixcraft 9 are identical to your sound device preferences in Mixcraft 8?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
isuperduper

Post by isuperduper »

jlouvar wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:34 am MX9 has the option for automatic clip micro fade-in and fade-out, make that’s turned off. https://forums.acoustica.com/download/file.php?id=4312
I’ll try that out when I’m back home in a little bit. Thank you
isuperduper

Post by isuperduper »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:12 am Hi,

No, there's no issue like that in Mixcraft 9. People would have made lots of posts about it. Make sure you've got version 9.0 build 452.

Are you absolutely certain that your sound device preferences in Mixcraft 9 are identical to your sound device preferences in Mixcraft 8?

Greg
Thank you for replying Greg. The preferences seemed to be the same with no alteration that I’m aware of but I’ll triple check everything and will let you know how things go.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

One difference: Mixcraft 9.0 build 452 has the option called "Use Device's Preferred Settings" turned on by default.

You should open up Mixcraft 8, make sure it's working the way you expect, then quit it, and then compare those settings to the ones in Mixcraft 9.

Greg
isuperduper

Post by isuperduper »

Acoustica Greg wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:26 am Hi,

One difference: Mixcraft 9.0 build 452 has the option called "Use Device's Preferred Settings" turned on by default.

You should open up Mixcraft 8, make sure it's working the way you expect, then quit it, and then compare those settings to the ones in Mixcraft 9.

Greg
In the windows sound settings under communications I changed the option to "Do nothing" and that resolved my problem. I restored my windows before installing Mixcraft 9 and forgot to turn that setting off. Thanks Greg.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Oh, in the Windows Sound Control Panel. Interesting. I guess you were using Skype or something, and that was turning down the sound?

Greg