Midi Input From Audio Track?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Nirvanis

Midi Input From Audio Track?

Post by Nirvanis »

Is it possible to make the midi track input from the audio track? I'm using Ovox Waves to turn vocal into midi, but I can't figure out how to make the input of the midi track the Audio track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxML5kRESlU
Acoustica Greg

Re: Midi Input From Audio Track?

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

What do you mean by "...make the input of the midi track the Audio track?" What are you trying to do?

Greg

P.S. Did you know that Mixcraft 9 has a convert audio to MIDI option? Mixcraft 8 owners can upgrade for less: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/upgrades
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Nirvanis

Post by Nirvanis »

Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

The first two links you posted talk about converting MIDI to Audio, which is a feature we have in Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio.

Are you asking about going from MIDI to audio?

Right-click to the left of the MIDI track and select "Mix To New Audio Track."

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Mixcraft doesn't have an option to directly record the MIDI output of a plugin (this is on our feature request list).

Here's a method someone suggested: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... 29#p115854

Greg
guitfnky

Post by guitfnky »

I love that this is on the feature request list...hope it gets added soon!

I've been demoing for a couple of weeks and just bought Mixcraft today (loving it so far!), and have been playing around with Rayzoon's Jamstix, which is actually a MIDI generating instrument, but ran into a similar issue where Mixcraft doesn't seem to natively support routing the MIDI from the instrument into the sequencer. the method suggested seems to work pretty well for that, but being able to record the MIDI straight from the instrument would be super welcome.

I wonder how you could route Ovox or a similar audio track to that though? I may just be missing a step or something. with the instrument tracks, you just add your MIDI generator (in my case, Jamstix), then the MIDI monitor, then your actual instrument (Addictive Drums). but the FX chain in the audio tracks doesn't seem to have a similar structure.
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

I'd also like to see this added as an option in Mixcraft.

Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm Hi,

Mixcraft doesn't have an option to directly record the MIDI output of a plugin (this is on our feature request list).

Greg
LeesKeys

Post by LeesKeys »

This solution doesn't appear to work with Waves Ovox 1 because you can't inset Ovox into an instrument chain. It's a effect, not an instrument.
Acoustica Greg wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm Hi,

Here's a method someone suggested: https://forums.acoustica.com/viewtopic. ... 29#p115854

Greg
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

HI,

In that case, you might be able to install a MIDI loopback utility like LoopMIDI or LoopBe, then direct the output of the plugin to the loopback utility. Finally, you'd arm a track within Mixcraft to record the output of the loopback utility.

And we have logged a feature request to directly record the MIDI output of a plugin for some future upgrade or update.

Greg