Newest update killed Mixcraft completely :-(((, what should I do ?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

tatanka

Newest update killed Mixcraft completely :-(((, what should I do ?

Post by tatanka »

Great, just wanted to use the free time to play around with Mixcraft a bit then I had the wrong idea to look for updates....

Now evrytime I try to start Mixcraft Pro 9 after installing the newest update (win 10, 64 bit) only thing I got is this error message:
mx9_error_newest_update.jpg
mx9_error_newest_update.jpg (29.48 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
No way to start Mixcraft, I have restarted PC, still only the error message.

What should I do ? Completely re-install with complete version ?
jlouvar

Re: Newest update killed Mixcraft completely :-(((, what should I do ?

Post by jlouvar »

- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

"Entry point not found" correct?

If so, thats a MS Windows error.
Yes, the first thing to try is a complete Mixcraft re-install.
If you still have problems, you may need to right click the Mixcraft icon and "run as administrator"
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Thanks to both of you, I only had a quick look on the first forum site and did not find anything about update problem, so I have overseen the other thread.

I did a complete new install in the meantime, that gladly worked. But good hint with the windows problem but thats the first thing I do: giving admin rights. But maybe somethin in the installation process did cause an error in this direction.

Glad it works again and I still have some "playtime" :)
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

You’re welcome... Have fun. :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

This problem and the error message is not normal, it never happened in version 8, it is something that Greg should definitely solve and not let customers search the forums for the answer to this Mixcraft code malfunction/error, sorry to sound negative but I have installed Mixcraft 9 on Windows 10 and it shows me that error.
Last edited by Guaresneider on Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Guaresneider wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:12 pm This problem and the error message is not normal, it never happened in version 8, it is something that Greg should definitely solve and not let customers search the forums for the answer to this Mixcraft code malfunction/error, sorry to sound negative but I have installed Mixcraft 9 on Windows 10 and it shows me that error. Fix it.
Hi,

It’s an elusive problem. I didn’t run into it, nor do most people. The tricky part is that by the time I can try to gather data on what is going on the problem is already fixed, because the solution is so simple (reinstalling). That said, there must be some common denominator. I think I’ve only seen one log file from someone who hadn’t reinstalled yet. I’ll try to gather more. A setup log.txt file from the Mixcraft program files folder might also be helpful.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

I'll catch the error and some tablature below to see if that helps ... thanks Greg.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Guaresneider wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:39 pm I'll catch the error and some tablature below to see if that helps ... thanks Greg.
Send in your setup log.txt file if it happens to you, and your log file - the log file before you fix the problem by installing.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Anyone who has had this problem: what anti-virus program are you using?

Greg
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

I couldn't replicate the error because I uninstalled it and now re-installed it started okay ...Thanks Greg anyway, maybe someone behind will be able to replicate it again...

tatanka

Post by tatanka »

Hi Greg,

I have no external antivirus installed, only the windows defender is running. And cause on my old notebook the running Antimalware service executable often takes so much ressources while scanning evrything I have excluded nearly all importand programs (like mixcraft .exe) and vst-directorys from being scanned. But I dont know if there might be something in the installation process that will activate the defender. But ususlly that should only cause (sometimes big) delay but no error message.
Northfield.Lenox

Post by Northfield.Lenox »

I had the same issue. Reinstall worked. Only using Windows defender.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

See how this is? There must be some common denominator that's causing the problem, but I haven't discovered what that might be yet.

The good news is that it's really easy to fix.

Greg
outteh

Post by outteh »

A software entry point is a point in a software program that hands-off control of the process from the operating system to the application in question. If an entry point is not found, it means the file necessary to hand off that process is damaged, unreadable, or missing. The syntax of the error message itself will tell you the exact file that is missing. All you need to do is replace that file or reinstall the program in question, and you’ll solve the entry point problem. A DLL file is a Dynamic Link Library file. This is a shared resource that any installed program on a Windows computer can use. Rather than install a copy in each program folder, Windows uses a shared library of common files to save space and make the OS more efficient.

If anything happens to one of these files, any program that needs it to function will throw up an error. Fortunately, this kind of problem is quite straightforward to fix. So it appears the primary issue may just be the download got corrupted, which is not unusual due to internet speed and other issues. This is why it would be hard to isolate to a specific issue. The Mixcraft.exe file is attempting to call a DLL to startup but it's corrupted so it fails.

So the best fix is simply a reinstall. :D