Mixcraft 9 Keeps Crashnig

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Malia Guy

Mixcraft 9 Keeps Crashnig

Post by Malia Guy »

Hello to All! I'm having trouble with my Mixcraft 9. It seems once I get into the groove of things and into my creative flow, Mixcraft 9 crashes. Every time I go back to open the Recovery file it crashes again not too long after. It's really discouraging me from using Mixcraft 9 all together and prompts me to go back to Mixcraft 8. Even though I like Mixcraft 8 better I was and i'm willing to give Mixcraft 9 a shot but if it keeps crashing I'll just uninstall it altogether and go back to 8.
FlyingsCool

Re: Mixcraft 9 Keeps Crashnig

Post by FlyingsCool »

Is there a particular VST or other addin you are adding in just before the crash? Oftentimes, trying to use an old 32bit VST in a 64bit Mixcraft can cause problems like that. I had several VST's I used to use that I had to dump because they were causing crashes. I found replacements for them that were just as good as better pretty easily.

Also, have you upgraded to the latest version of M9? I was having some problems that went away when I upgraded to the latest version a few weeks ago. I had a reproducible bug, I was about to submit and, then saw there was an update, added the update and my problem went away (I forget what it was now).
Malia Guy

Post by Malia Guy »

Now that you've mentioned, whenever it does crash I'm using this VST called Synth 1. I think the more tracks I add using that particular VST, it tends to crash. When I looked up the the VST to see the background on it, it says that it is 64 bit so I don't know. Also I just updated my Mixcraft 9 so I'll see if that fixes anything. Thanks for your help!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Updating to the latest build is always a good idea, because we're fixing issues all the time.

If you crash with the latest update, quit Mixcraft immediately and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\

Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101