Mixer: 1 reverb for 4 tracks? How?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

creativeforge

Re: Mixer: 1 reverb for 4 tracks? How?

Post by creativeforge »

jwarv wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:15 pm Plus with send tracks you are not putting as heavy a load on the CPU which could otherwise happen, even with sub-mixes. With all those individual instances of fx on multiple tracks it requires more power. Not necessarily a deal breaker on all projects, but I've found it helpful in optimizing my PC as a rule.
THIS ^ is what I was thinking too. Plus, have one effect running with the same parameters, could make the tracks involved sound more naturally as occurring in the same room. Might be different for other types of effects.

Thanks all! :)
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

Noting that the question was "how to" not "should I"....

There's multiple ways to do almost anything And the one that works for you is the right one. But its best to always be open to learning IMO.

And similarly, the understanding that whichever method one publicly presents in an internet forum will likely be met with someone who disagrees.
LeeUK wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:45 am I've only been recording for a year or so and I've always wondered the difference between submix/send tracks😀
Did you find some answers here?
Willing help abides.... 8)
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
LeeUK

Post by LeeUK »

Yes thanks.

I've already used submixes on a few songs cos I like the way you can group similar tracks together (drums being the obvious group but Ive also done the same if there are quite a few rhythm guitar tracks) and it keeps everything looking neat and tidy if you've lots of tracks 😀

I'll look at using send tracks on my next project and see how I get on.

One issue I do have is CPU - only have 4GB ram on my laptop and using MX8 Pro and can get a bit tetchy from time to time.

Need to upgrade really
creativeforge

Post by creativeforge »

OK, so following that video's instructions, I Added a Send track and selected a reverb.

However, then I open the Mixer, there is no "red button send." It does nothing,

What am I missing?

Thanks!
Attachments
Mixer View
Mixer View
f9d95b3a341e60bae494137701172a44.png (153.66 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

To see the sends in the mixer view, you will need to undock and maximize it. They should appear at the top in MX8.

Alternatively, you can use them in the arranger view by selecting the send as an automation option like these-
(either in a track, or a sub-mix if you wish t apply the send to the group.)

sends.png
sends.png (87.4 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page