How do I make the vocal reverb wash made in the mixcraft exemple project: As skies grew dark by venus theory

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

mtanure

How do I make the vocal reverb wash made in the mixcraft exemple project: As skies grew dark by venus theory

Post by mtanure »

Hi, Iam new in the music production hobby area and i would like to know how to make this cool effect showed in the picture. The effect its in the default example song from mixcraft 9. Iam considering buying the product but first i wish i could know how to make cool effects
Attachments
sswe.png
sswe.png (118.96 KiB) Viewed 8348 times
jlouvar

Re: How do I make the vocal reverb wash made in the mixcraft exemple project: As skies grew dark by venus theory

Post by jlouvar »

Following. :D
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
liberaltugboat

Re: How do I make the vocal reverb wash made in the mixcraft exemple project: As skies grew dark by venus theory

Post by liberaltugboat »

mtanure wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:29 pm Hi, Iam new in the music production hobby area and i would like to know how to make this cool effect showed in the picture. The effect its in the default example song from mixcraft 9. Iam considering buying the product but first i wish i could know how to make cool effects
To achieve something like this, you would take the original vocal tracks, run them through a reverb with a long decay and then record only the reverb output (so %100 "wet" signal) to a new track.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

How do we see the effects and their settings used on that vocal reverb wash track?
- Joe -

mtanure

Post by mtanure »

I wish i could see the effects and their settings used..this way i would learn it better...i want to put this on a vocal audio recording archive and not one from the microphone
liberaltugboat

Post by liberaltugboat »

jlouvar wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:09 pm How do we see the effects and their settings used on that vocal reverb wash track?
You can't, this track is the recorded result. But you should be able to create something similar with what I said above.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Yeah, I can easily create something similar... Just didn’t know if there was a track visual. Anyway, thank you.
- Joe -

venustheory

Post by venustheory »

Hey friends! :D
mtanure wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:29 pm Hi, Iam new in the music production hobby area and i would like to know how to make this cool effect showed in the picture. The effect its in the default example song from mixcraft 9. Iam considering buying the product but first i wish i could know how to make cool effects
Sorry to revive such an old post but I saw this and figured I'd provide a bit more insight. The vocals in this track had some parallel processing, and that was rendered down to stems as it was using a third party reverb that couldn't be included with the project.

If memory serves, I was using TAL Reverb 4 with some filtering which is a great reverb for very washy background textures without overtaking the mix.

Some other great free reverbs you can check out for similar 'wash' effects:
Dragonfly Reverb
Cloudseed
Orilriver

Hope this helps! Glad you enjoyed the track!

If you want to learn more about my own production techniques, check out my 'Future Garage Megaseries' on my YouTube channel at youtube.com/venustheory or join in my Discord chatroom and I'd be happy to answer questions!