Audient id4

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Frankel

Audient id4

Post by Frankel »

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the forums, so please go easy on me :)
I've Mixcraft 6 pro studio and have recently tried to run an Audient id4 as the interface through it. Has anyone out there used one of these?
If so, how the hell have you got it workling lol? I can get playback through Mixcraft but no chance with recording, Mixcraft doesn't seem to be recognising the device, only on playback...Any ideas?

Cheers,
Frankel.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Audient id4

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Welcome to the forum!

I have an iD14, have you downloaded drivers from Audient? If so, in your settings select ASIO and the Audient should be already there, then when you arm the track the dropdown arrow select the left channel and monitor the track if you want to hear it. Also, have the unit plugged in before you open MC.

M
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

I have an Audient id4 - you need to download the drivers and then take it from there. It does work!
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Here's a screenshot
AUDIENT.png
AUDIENT.png (169.76 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
Remember to twiddle the volume control very slowly and set the input/daw knob all the way to the right.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I wouldn't have use devices preferred settings though, depending on your computers specs you'll want to adjust the buffer and sample rates which you do in the Audient mixer and check in the MC dialog box.

M
RaveyDavey

Post by RaveyDavey »

Rolling Estonian,

You are correct, of course, but this is the easiest to start with, then you can tweak.
Better to get something basic working before experimenting.