How can I set my octa capture so that I either hear on my headphone or my studio speakers?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Chris, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, Acoustica Greg

ceyhun242

How can I set my octa capture so that I either hear on my headphone or my studio speakers?

Post by ceyhun242 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 am

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask you sth about Roland Octa capture headphone/monitor switch. I'm looking for a way to have only one "on" at the time by clicking on a button on PC screen without having to leave the desk to press the switch on the interface..

Previously I had connected both my headphone and studio monitors to the 1/2 output and was leaving my desk to hit the switch when I didn't want to hear monitors and I was looking for a know to turn on/off on my PC screen but couldn't find it

Lately, I switched my studio monitors to 3/4 and my headphone on 1/2 and this way I can turn off any one of them and turn on the other so it kind of worked this way. But now the issues is before I was just switching one know, now I need to switch 2 things, turn off headphone turn on monitors or turn off monitors turn on headphone. you might say just leave the headphone all the time on. but I d rather not so that when I hear form studies monitors, headphone should not play and thus not become weary of unnecessary use...

What could be the solution in which when I mute one, it should unmute the other and visa versa through OCTA-CAPTURE PC software panel or is there some software that might take such actions in the background as you take a triggering action?

Also, when I switched the studio monitors from 1/2 to 3/4 the volume of the speakers increased substantially. Why could be that so? Does 3/4 output give more volume than 1/2 output because the volume of 1/2 is shared with the headphone maybe?

Thank you

JonInc

Re: How can I set my octa capture so that I either hear on my headphone or my studio speakers?

Post by JonInc » Sat May 02, 2020 7:08 am

I don't have the Octa-Capture, but I use a physical switch box to move inputs between different headphones. Works great, with no loss in audio quality. It's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/STEREO-Manual-Sp ... ref=sr_1_1

I get that you might not want to spend money to solve this problem, but just thought I'd throw it out there as an option.