Question: Loading and saving single tracks

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

UilleannB

Question: Loading and saving single tracks

Post by UilleannB »

Not sure if this should go here or in the tips and tricks sub forum, please move if wrong.

1. I don't find a way to save and load tracks independently - is this possible, and if yes, how do I do it.

Situation: I wrote two independent songs in two different projects. They are basically using the same instruments, and I want to combine them into a single song now. Is there a way to transport the data from the one project into the other?

2. I want to copy a part of a track into the track of another instrument.

Situation: Track one strings, track two solo cello. I decide that a part of the meoldy is better played by the whole string section and want to copy a bit of the cello track into the strings track. Cut, copy and paste, but in the strings track the notees are not played. Where do I need to change what to make this part played by the strings vst?
Acoustica Greg

Re: Question: Loading and saving single tracks

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

1. You can copy and paste clips between projects if you do it within the same instance of Mixcraft. Copy the clips, click on the file menu and load the other project, then paste the clips.

2. I'm not sure why the copied clip doesn't play in this case. Are the velocity settings sufficient? Are there other CC messages in the clip? You could send us the project file and we could check it out.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101