Voicemeeter Banana/Potato

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Rolling Estonian

Voicemeeter Banana/Potato

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Anyone using VB products to do any routing and such? I thought sticking my toe into improving recordings and streaming abilities wouldn't be so difficult but come to discover that the topic is incredibly vast, like everything else audio/video/software I guess. Set up Potato so that I can go through MC live while streaming/recording. Free and versatile, their other offerings like smaller mixers and virtual cables is really cool. If you haven't checked them out I'd highly recommend it.

https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/

Just thought I'd ask how you all were using these.

M
msnickybee

Re: Voicemeeter Banana/Potato

Post by msnickybee »

I too had a go with these last month. To be brutally honest, I found them ridiculously convoluted with questionable sound quality!
I got way better results with careful configuration of Zoom (noise suppression, careful level control), and using outboard compression, although Zoom being mono didn't help (you can enable stereo sound but only as host).

As for using MC live for streaming, I hit a dead-end, as it *still* cannot process VSTs live like some other DAWs, so my thoughts of processing live audio then streaming it died. However, it would be fine for playback of course.

What's been your experience?
Nicky
Latest 2020 EP tracks Here And Now and Pick Up The Pieces
2019 EP Bittersweet is still available on Spotify
or check out my YouTube channel
Rolling Estonian

Re: Voicemeeter Banana/Potato

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I've had good luck with it despite the initial learning curve, it's actually pretty simple. The monitoring of your track with vst can be a little weird because of the multiple sound settings, but overall not too bad. Truth be told, it's nice to have other options but if you're not in need of recording or streaming your DAW you won't really need it. Can totally see it's use with big time content providers but for most it's not any different than what most I/O can do.

M