Mixcraft 9 freezes after downtime

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

joss

Mixcraft 9 freezes after downtime

Post by joss »

Hi.
Well, that same thing, that I left Mixcraft 9 open in the middle of a job and I was away for about 5 hours and when I returned it was frozen without finding the option to wake it up.
I do not know if it should be considered normal or if it is a bug or there are some options that I have not been able to see.
Sorry for the translation, it may create some confusion.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
Rolling Estonian

Re: Mixcraft 9 freezes after downtime

Post by Rolling Estonian »

In power settings you can set it to not sleep. I'm no expert but when Windows goes to sleep it shuts down that kind of stuff. It's probably also okay if it was a brief time and not hours.

M
joss

Post by joss »

Hi.
Thank you very much for answering.
I suppose you are referring to the Windows power options but, it is not the case with any other program.
Everything else was working properly.
I think it shouldn't happen.
Although now you make me wonder if Reaper also happens.
Well, I will try it.
I also apologize if it took me a while to respond, there is a time difference in the country where I live and it could coincide at night.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Do the other programs use the same sound device in the same mode? What sound device do you have?

It could be the audio driver, so make sure you've got the latest one from the manufacturer's web page.

Is it a USB device? Are the USB ports going to sleep? You could check those settings in Windows power management.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
joss

Post by joss »

Hi Greg
Today I left Reaper open for about 5 hours and when I returned everything was working correctly.
Reaper's audio device is WaveOut and Mixctaft WaveRT's, but in Mixcraft I have an option to switch to Wave, which I have already done and will test like this, hoping that the latency works just as well.
The audio device is integrated and the audio controller because I do not know how long ago I did not visit the website of the manufacturer of the motherboard since there is never anything new.
5 hours is a lot, it was an oversight not to close Mixcraft but that reminded me that it had happened to me before with only a shorter space of time.
I haven't worked a full project on Mixcraft 9 yet until I finish the Reaper ones.
I am just a hobbyist and it is not a big problem as long as the project has been saved before leaving the PC with Mixcraft open but it would not be good if some forgetfulness occurred and ruin working hours.
BTW, implementing an automatic project save would be nice, I think Mixcraft doesn't have it yet.
When I do the test I comment it.
Thanks for answering.
joss

Post by joss »

All right.
I just tested the latency with the Wave sound device and with the buffer to the minimum, 2048 and it is too much, it cannot be touched.
The ASIO4ALL2 no longer used it because lately I think I remember that it was not quite right and had compatibility problems with the audio of the internet videos and something else.
Anyway I will test if with the Wave device it does not freeze and I comment it.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

If it happens again, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
heks

Post by heks »

Off topic sorry, but (to Greg) what about putting the "how to find and report log stuff" at the top of the page in the announcement area. I think it would be handy.
joss

Post by joss »

Hi.
I was testing Mixcraft with the Wave audio device and it did not freeze but the latency was too great. Then I switched back to WaveRT and today, inexplicably, with the same project and without any changes it has not frozen so I will wait for it to happen again and I will send you the mixcraft-log according to instructions.
What has happened like so many other times is that a warning appears in a central box that says "Mixcraft has detected a change in the number of available audio devices", a change in hardware. I always blamed it on some fault in some cable connection, but after closing the notice everything works fine, and I don't know if maybe it could have something to do with the intermittent freezing of Mixcraft.
Regards.