Is it possible to listen to a mix on headphones and speakers at the same time?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

MattMax1016

Is it possible to listen to a mix on headphones and speakers at the same time?

Post by MattMax1016 »

Hey I'd like to know if there's a way to hear to the mix, or any song loaded into my Mixcraft 8 pro studio, simultaneously over my wireless headphones and speakers..

These are different audio devices.
jlouvar

Re: Is it possible to listen to a mix on headphones and speakers at the same time?

Post by jlouvar »

MattMax1016 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:09 am Hey I'd like to know if there's a way to hear to the mix, or any song loaded into my Mixcraft 8 pro studio, simultaneously over my wireless headphones and speakers..

These are different audio devices.
Hello and welcome to the MIxcraft forum.

I don’t know... But I can with my 2i4 external audio interface.
Last edited by jlouvar on Sun May 17, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
RollingStone

Re: Is it possible to listen to a mix on headphones and speakers at the same time?

Post by RollingStone »

yes, all you need is a simple external (usb) audio interface, where you can plug the speakers and headphones as well. that's a very normal way. nearly every audio interface has spaker + headphone inputs.
Mark Bliss

Post by Mark Bliss »

The OP mentioned wireless headphones, which I assume means Bluetooth.
I think this usually over-rides other audio devices in Windows.

And some simple interfaces also over-ride other outputs when headphones are plugged in, while some others have features that allow both and have separate level controls for each.

So it varies.
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

I found this that could be helpful, it'll depend on your system and the devices if you can do it but most newer can.

https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Blu ... -PC-or-Mac

I know you should be able to do the same with Voicemeeter or another audi routing program.

M
comedians

Post by comedians »

Most systems now have the option to split the out of front & rear jacks to either same or different, and with Bluetooth it is also possible to have two outputs, at least mine has.
MattMax1016

Post by MattMax1016 »

Rolling Estonian wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:25 am I found this that could be helpful, it'll depend on your system and the devices if you can do it but most newer can.

https://www.wikihow.com/Connect-Two-Blu ... -PC-or-Mac

I know you should be able to do the same with Voicemeeter or another audi routing program.

M
Voicemeeter is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Are there other programs like that? Just in case it doesn't work..
MattMax1016

Post by MattMax1016 »

I don't know how to do this but.. I was thinking maybe I could open up the song (after mixdown) in two different VLC media player windows simultaneously.. With the outputs set to the speaker in one and the headphones in the other..

The problem is how to get the two in sync..
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

MattMax1016 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:50 pm I don't know how to do this but.. I was thinking maybe I could open up the song (after mixdown) in two different VLC media player windows simultaneously.. With the outputs set to the speaker in one and the headphones in the other..

The problem is how to get the two in sync..
Can you hear any music simultaneously over your wireless headphones and speakers with your Windows player?
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

MattMax1016 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 9:47 pmVoicemeeter is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Are there other programs like that? Just in case it doesn't work..
Voicemeeter should be perfect for this if your system can handle the blutooth. They have a virtual cable that you can make anything it's own input channel, one cable is free two more is a donation. I don't really have too much use for the cables but I can see how many would. Tons of great tutorial videos out there.

M