Mixcraft 9 Pro constantly crashing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: Mixcraft 9 Pro constantly crashing

Post by jlouvar »

petewesty wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:47 am
jlouvar wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:22 am
petewesty wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 11:43 pmIf I MUTE a particular vocal track, the whole song plays fine no issue. If I unmute this particular vocal Track, it crashes at the same point 95% of the time.
Hmm, well there’s the solution Pete... You need to redo/replace that particular faulty vocal track.

Joe
Seem to be going round in circles.
I HAVE re-recorded the vocal track using ALL different audio preferences and it still crashes on me.
I can't complete or use the project because it cannot process/play some audio samples.
I shouldn't have to 'redo' vocal tracks because the application crashes when trying to process/play them?
The underlying root cause needs to be fixed.
Also, if I play the actual audio clip just by itself, it plays fine, if I play it with the ALL tracks open it crashes.

Cheers
Hmm, so “If I MUTE a particular vocal track, the whole song plays fine no issue.” and you have or can’t or shouldn’t have to redo/replace a vocal track because blah, blah, blah... Yeah now you’re going in circles for sure Pete. We don’t know if you completely deleted the vocal track before redoing/replacing it or not, what external audio interface you’re using, what samples or loops your using, of if you recorded any audio tracks using any real musical instruments, what you mean by “actual audio clip”, or how many tracks the project has, and etc. By the way, you never answered if any third party plug-ins (disabled or not) are used in the crashing project, but like a politician you dodged answering the question, lol. I had a third party plug-in crash MX8 and the solution was it needed to be remove from my PC. Different track settings could also be a problem and or overloading your PC, etc.

Anyway, I highly recommend that you take up Acoustica Greg on his offer and send him the two log files (the working MX7 version and the crashing MX9 version) so he can compare and contrast... Or open a new MX9 project and start over fresh with nothing taken from the MX7 project. Best wishes.

Joe
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
petewesty

Post by petewesty »

Hi Joe,

While I appreciate you trying to help, you really should review the past post so we don't go around in circles answering the same questions.
But for you I'll repeat again because I didn't dodge any questions, i already answered them previously.

- As I ALREADY MENTIONED in past posts... I have already raised Multiple support requests with Greg and Eric. They are ongoing and I'm working with them each day for the past week. I have both logging options enabled and sent them multiple crash dumps and log files. Issue still remains.
They can export the files fine because when you I sent them Project files because the '.wav' files do go with the project. I can export and play the project fined without audio tracks.
- If one more person mentions plugins please go back and read. I have REMOVED, DISABLED and HAVE the FX button turned off on the vocal tracks. but when unmuted and I press play on the timeline, mixcraft CRASHES.
- REMOVING the vocal track and recording a NEW vocal track, with NO PLUGINS, still crashes Mixcraft when playing timeline OR Exporting.
- I have used all the different types of ASIO, WAVRT preferences options to test if one is the problem, the Crashing happens no matter which option I choose.
- Right now acoustica support and I are looking to see if Melodyne is somehow causing the crash.
jlouvar

Post by jlouvar »

Well Pete, no one can help you better than Acoustica Support, so best wishes and goodbye.
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
timburntmusic

Post by timburntmusic »

I've had the same issue, just tried increasing my sample rate, seems to be working, also if I mute the vocals it seems to be fine, I think it is a melodyln issue, submitted a crash report as well to acoustica.
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

With this version that they updated [build 469] every time I am playing a synthesizer, the program closes suddenly and I lose everything [This never happened to me with previous updates], when I open it again everything is blank, it is very frustrating and we don't have any Development solution at the moment. Is there no one in Development or any programmer who can try to replicate it? Thanks guys! :? :(

I use W10 64bit > VST u-he Zebra 2.8
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Guaresneider wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:13 pm With this version that they updated [build 469] every time I am playing a synthesizer, the program closes suddenly and I lose everything [This never happened to me with previous updates], when I open it again everything is blank, it is very frustrating and we don't have any Development solution at the moment. Is there no one in Development or any programmer who can try to replicate it? Thanks guys! :? :(

I use W10 64bit > VST u-he Zebra 2.8
Hi,

There are too many possible variables. We need some specific information about the crash.

The next time that happens, quit Mixcraft and send us your mixcraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

That's exactly the problem Greg, it's not that it freezes, it directly closes completely, that's why I can't capture any Log, it's very strange, it never happened to me with MCx8 and I'm not using anything strange, always the same platform. I've tried the same synthesizers on Studio One v5 I don't have that problem, I want to work with Mixcraft but it's unpredictable now...hopefully I can capture a log to send it to support, thanks Greg!

I found this under Mixcraft-Crash file, but not sure how to read it:

21:50:57 [442 mils] : ACGuiWindow::~ACGuiWindow - 14B860
21:50:57 [453 mils] : *** Fatal Exception caught.
21:50:57 [454 mils] : Writing dump file (without exception pointers): C:\Users\Workstation\AppData\Roaming\Acoustica\Mixcraft\Mixcraft-Crash.dmp
21:50:57 [733 mils] : Mem in use percentage = 27 %
21:50:57 [733 mils] : Free physical : 24286.59 MB, Total physical : 33419.74 MB
21:50:57 [733 mils] : Free paging file : 29034.37 MB, Total paging file : 38400.48 MB
21:50:57 [733 mils] : Free virtual : 137432863.90 MB, Total virtual : 137438953.34 MB
21:50:57 [733 mils] : Cur Process -> Working Set Size : 774.85 MB
21:50:57 [733 mils] : Cur Process -> GDI Objects In Use: 1803
21:50:57 [733 mils] : Power: AC (plugged in) = 1
jwarv

Post by jwarv »

I must throw my hat in the ring.

This might be unpalatable. But try mixing all your tracks down to stems (dry), take note of all your settings and start a new project. Pop the stems in there and gradually add settings as you go.

That's what I would try anyway. Crazy as it may sound.
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Guaresneider wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:13 pm That's exactly the problem Greg, it's not that it freezes, it directly closes completely, that's why I can't capture any Log, it's very strange, it never happened to me with MCx8 and I'm not using anything strange, always the same platform. I've tried the same synthesizers on Studio One v5 I don't have that problem, I want to work with Mixcraft but it's unpredictable now...hopefully I can capture a log to send it to support, thanks Greg!
And yet, the entire log file might offer clues - that's why we ask that you send in the entire log file as an attachment.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Guaresneider

Post by Guaresneider »

Will do! thanks Greg :D