Distorted reverb sound when track is armed.

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

neilj

Distorted reverb sound when track is armed.

Post by neilj »

I've been using Mixcraft 8 for some time without any issues, however last night i opened a song i've been working on to add a new audio track. before i added the track everything was playing back just as it should.
I hit arm for the new track and started to record. as it played it sounded slightly distorted with a reverb type effect (underwater). I stopped recording, un-armed the track and played back my original tracks and the Distortion/reverb was still there. I had to come out of the song then go back into it for it to right itself.
I tried this several times on the song and on others and the problem remained.
any help guys. Thanks
Rolling Estonian

Re: Distorted reverb sound when track is armed.

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Hey and welcome to the forum.

Does the problem happen if you go to different sound settings? If you're using an interface try switching to your pc speakers, set MC to the same and see if it's your interface. I'm sure you've rebooted, updated interface drivers etc. Sounds like there's something with your interface or sound settings, they can change with Windows Updates.

M
neilj

Post by neilj »

Think I understand. I'll check
thanks
neilj

Post by neilj »

Hi
Went into my settings to use the Laptop speakers and no distortion or wobbly sound while recording but i still went through my interface. So still at a bit of a loss.
Rolling Estonian

Post by Rolling Estonian »

Does your interface have latest drivers? Your interface should have the same sound settings as your Windows. ASIO is always best with drivers from manufacturer.

M