Dry Track / Send Effect to Different Channel

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Kief Canister

Dry Track / Send Effect to Different Channel

Post by Kief Canister »

I tried searching but only found how to add Send Tracks and do a Reverse Reverb effect. Not sure how to search for what I want to do. Could someone please tell me what to search for, point me to a previous thread or possibly explain to me how to do what I am trying to do?

Say I have a dry track, vocal/guitar or whatever. I want to add reverb to the track, but I want the track to remain dry and only the effect to be sent to the another track. So I will have a dry guitar or vocal panned hard left on first track, and the effect for that track panned hard right on a second track. Is there a name for this process?
Thanks, Ron
Mark Bliss

Re: Dry Track / Send Effect to Different Channel

Post by Mark Bliss »

You could duplicate the track, apply the desired effect to the duplicated track and pan/blend as desired.
Or you could use a send bus, but its probably not the ideal method for what you propose.
Theres probably a dozen other ways as well. I'd say keep it simple.....
Stay in tune, Mark

My SOUNDCLOUD Page
vizionheiry

Post by vizionheiry »

Kief Canister wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 4:18 pm I tried searching but only found how to add Send Tracks and do a Reverse Reverb effect. Not sure how to search for what I want to do. Could someone please tell me what to search for, point me to a previous thread or possibly explain to me how to do what I am trying to do?

Say I have a dry track, vocal/guitar or whatever. I want to add reverb to the track, but I want the track to remain dry and only the effect to be sent to the another track. So I will have a dry guitar or vocal panned hard left on first track, and the effect for that track panned hard right on a second track. Is there a name for this process?
Thanks, Ron
Create an Audio Track called Guitar.
Then create a Send Track called Reverb.
On your Guitar track click the zig zag line and send your guitar audio to the Reverb track.
Add your Reverb plugin to the Reverb track.
Pan your Guitar track Left.
Pan your Reverb track Right.
Kief Canister

Post by Kief Canister »

sounds perfect. thanks for help.