Batch Mixdown to WAV?

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Ehlert

Batch Mixdown to WAV?

Post by Ehlert »

Hi,

I'm collaborating with another musician. I would like to send him a multitude of individual WAV files from a single project. Is there a method that allows me to mix down the Audio Tracks all at once into individual WAV files, or must I mix them down to WAV one by one?

I have the same question for the Virtual Instrument Tracks to MIDI files.

Thank you!
RollingStone

Re: Batch Mixdown to WAV?

Post by RollingStone »

under "file -> single track export" (or similar, i have the german version...) you can select each track you'd like to export so separated wav files are created into the selected output folder.
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

Thank you. Under File I have Copy Project Files To. The options are to a folder or to Zip. Next I have to figure out how to save and send the individual MIDI files. Thank you for your help!
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

Select Mix Down to Stems from Mixcraft's File menu to mix down each track to a separate audio file. (This assumes you have a recent version of Mixcraft).

Select Save As MIDI from the File menu to create a single MIDI file that will contain multiple tracks.

Greg

Edited to add: the Copy Project files option puts the files needed for the project into a single folder or zip file. A decision to use this would depend upon whether your friends have Mixcraft. Use Mix Down to Stems if they don't, or if they have an older version of Mixcraft.
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Ehlert

Post by Ehlert »

Thank you Greg, I think I got it. So the individual MIDI tracks will be apparent when the recipient receives the one MIDI file? Amazing! :-)
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Ehlert wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:12 pm Thank you Greg, I think I got it. So the individual MIDI tracks will be apparent when the recipient receives the one MIDI file? Amazing! :-)
HI,

Yes, assuming that their software opens the MIDI file correctly. If someone sends you a MIDI file, open it by choosing Open Project from the Mixcraft's File menu, and this will give you all the extra stuff packed into the MIDI file.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101