Tracks not playing

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

Facto

Tracks not playing

Post by Facto »

Working on a project....go back in and certain tracks will not play. Happens a lot with Modo Bass. Now I've been using Mixcraft for 6 years so nothing is muted, etc. This has now happened on multiple projects. Mixcraft 9 pro
Win 10 64 bit; MX9 Pro; Intel i7-9700 CPU ; 32 GB RAM ... 2TB SSD
Acoustica Greg

Re: Tracks not playing

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

No extra CC messages in the MIDI clip?

If you switch it to a different virtual instrument, does it play?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
Facto

Re: Tracks not playing

Post by Facto »

No, No CC Messages. It's doing it on a standard projects and on a performance panel project. But not all. The standard project is where the two Modo bass tracks are silent. Two days ago I opened two additional Modo tracks and pasted the silent tracks in and they played. Then the following day I opened that up and those were silent. I did the paste thing again and they worked.

I opened that today and they played okay. Very strange. I've been using Mixcraft a long time with hundreds of projects so nothing odd is being done.

The performance panel thing is really weird. I have 10 versions of a project. Finally "recorded it" to the standard timeline and it was fine for a while. Last week I opened it up and all but two tracks will not play....not even the performance panel. So I opened up the older versions that are strictly performance panel and none of them play....regardless of which block I hit.

I rarely had issues with 7 pro but 9 is constant. Still having drop outs all the time....especially when recording. This happens even if it's 2 basic tracks. And I have an i7 with 32GB RAM.... on that issue I also have reaper and loaded 10 instances of Arcade to hammer it and Reaper recorded and played smooth with zero dropping out.

Sorry for the long response....just frustrated
Win 10 64 bit; MX9 Pro; Intel i7-9700 CPU ; 32 GB RAM ... 2TB SSD