Repeated MIDI note doesn't play

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

jlouvar

Re: Repeated MIDI note doesn't play

Post by jlouvar »

bbarrett wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:11 pm Haven't heard back from them, but I did submit a new support request a few weeks back...
If you want/need help, keep trying to contact them and don’t give up!!!
- Joe -

MX9PS, 64-bit, build 460. Windows 10, Intel i5, 64-bit, 1.8GHz, 8GB.
Reverbnation: https://www.reverbnation.com/joelouvar
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

bbarrett wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:11 pm Haven't heard back from them, but I did submit a new support request a few weeks back...
Hi,

I don't see anything under the email address you're using for these forums. Did you write us with a different email address? Or maybe there was a typo in your email address when you submitted the ticket?

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101
bbarrett

Post by bbarrett »

Just sent in a new ticket, but this time didn't include the project file, and now I got a message I haven't seen before saying I created the conversation successfully. Previously when I'd submitted, it just basically seemed to refresh the page, and I thought that was what was supposed to happen...How should I be attaching the project file...?
Acoustica Eric
Site Admin

Post by Acoustica Eric »

I've replied to you in support. Lets keep the conversation there until we come up with a resolution.
cactus-head

Post by cactus-head »

Here's a thought:

I recently ran into some problems with Symphonic Choirs (a different product altogether). I loaded a midi file with 5 tracks then assigned a vocal part to each track. When I played it back, only track 1 played correctly but it had also changed key. The other channels played some notes and not others but all missed the vocalizations (words).

It took me a while to figure it out and it had to do with the midi channel that was being output from Mixcraft to the plugin. Symphonic Choirs uses midi channels internally to divide up how the various samples start and stop to make a complete sound. This is how it can "sing" vocals by triggering different phonetics through multiple midi channels. If any channel other than Channel 1 is being sent by Mixcraft, it throws off the articulation and the phonetic sequence resulting in a general mess across all tracks.

By default it seems, loading a midi file into mixcraft that has various tracks and channels, will set the track to whatever channel was in the midi file. The solution after loading the Midi file was to create a new lane on each track and assign that lane to Midi Channel 1. I then move the clip to this new lane (and remove the empty lane).

You might try delilberately assigning MIDI channel 1 in the manner I described above to whatever track you are playing back and see if it makes a difference in BBC Orchestra
bbarrett

Post by bbarrett »

Interesting ideas, though unnecessary for me unfortunately. It might start to get at what the issue was, but I heard back from Spitfire, and was informed there's an update out. Not sure when it happened, but updating fixed my issues. So if anyone else has these problems update the Spitfire Discover plugin to 1.1.9, and hopefully it'll be fixed for you as well.