Opening a project, plugins unable to load, reverb BUG

Support and feedback for Acoustica's Mixcraft audio mixing software.

Moderators: Acoustica Greg, Acoustica Eric, Acoustica Dan, rsaintjohn

beneadam

Opening a project, plugins unable to load, reverb BUG

Post by beneadam »

:!: WARNING! LOUD VIDEO! :!:

https://youtu.be/He_W3xkPZDQ

Almost every time, if i open a project, this happens and its really annoying. Im considering to change DAW becouse of it.
Can anyone help me with this?
GovernmentMule

Re: Opening a project, plugins unable to load, reverb BUG

Post by GovernmentMule »

Does it happen on every project?

The error that showed up showed three different plugins, (classic delay, classic limiter and Fabfilter Pro R) I would go in and delete one at a time from the project and see if that helps and see if it is one plugin giving you the problem. If you want to save your settings for the plugin just create a preset.
As far as the classic delay and limiter are concerned, I believe they are installed with Mixcraft so you might do a reinstall to correct that problem.
At least this will give you a starting point to finding the culprit. I personally would delete all three from the project then save and see if the problem goes away when the project is started and then introduce one at a time. Hope this helps a little to start figuring out the problem
beneadam

Post by beneadam »

I tried this, but it happens on every other plugin. Even built in acoustica plugins. :/
Acoustica Greg

Post by Acoustica Greg »

Hi,

One plugin can cause other plugins to crash by passing invalid data along. Let's say plugin B is expecting plugin A to send a number between 1 and 100, but plugin A sends the word "tomato" instead. Plugin B doesn't know what to do, and it passes the bad data along to the next plugin, which is equally confused, etc.

So the trick is to figure out which plugin is the culprit. Did you add any new third-party plugins around the time this problem started? You can go into File Menu > Manage Plug-Ins to temporarily disable any plugins that you suspect, then click OK and restart Mixcraft. Try it again with the plugins temporarily disabled and see what happens. If you figure out which plugin it is, make sure it's installed properly and see if there are any updates for it. If it's a VST3 plugin, you can try using the VST version instead. Also, some plugins are just buggy.

Also make sure you've got the latest updated version of Mixcraft, in case this is something we already fixed on our end.

If these things don't help, get it to happen again, then quit Mixcraft and send us your mixraft-log.txt file.

To find the mixcraft-log file, highlight the following line and press Ctrl+C to copy it:

Code: Select all

%appdata%\Acoustica\Mixcraft\
Press the Windows Key+R to pop up the Run box in Windows. Click in the Run box and press Ctrl+V to paste in the line from above. Finally, click OK to go to the location of the mixcraft-log.txt file. Submit an Acoustica Support Request and attach the log file along with a brief description of the problem.

Greg
Mixcraft - The Musician's DAW
Check out our tutorial videos on YouTube: Mixcraft 10 University 101